Longest marching member

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contract?! As in legally binding document?! Sorry for this but was that out of the firm Rollim, Flipim and Bendim? When was this? Why was this? What was this ... insurance and for whom?

What, was there some kind of "no compete" clause? You shall not share our '5 to 3' restriction? The heel to toe forward march patent? You must only wear socks from this list of approved manufacturers? During the competition season there will be no teeter-totter, contact sports, slides over 6 feet and if you're a horn player, absolutely no kissing? I will not use my horn case to slide in the snow?

Whatever happened to "that was fun, I'll be back next season!"?

I knew we had turned into a litigious society after the "Oh that coffee is hot!" deal.

What was the corps protecting themselves from?

How the heck can a 12 year old harm an entire organization?

WTF?

Am I just dumb, old or over reacting?

Somebody, just stop me!

I marched for 8 years and the only thing (our Moderator Father Scheraldi) I ever promised was not to kiss the girls and make them cry.

Puppet

I saw that word (contract) and thought that sounded funny also. Didn't get me mad, but it did make me smile. I don't think most of the staff members even have contracts, and they get paid.

I saw that word (contract) and thought that sounded funny also. Didn't get me mad, but it did make me smile. I don't think most of the staff members even have contracts, and they get paid.

I never had to sign one back in my day, but I think that the underlying reason DCI corps use them today is to encourage, promote and induce a realization of commitment and responsibility. As youth orientated organizations it's part of their function. :blink:

Contract?! As in legally binding document?! Sorry for this but was that out of the firm Rollim, Flipim and Bendim? When was this? Why was this? What was this ... insurance and for whom?

What, was there some kind of "no compete" clause? You shall not share our '5 to 3' restriction? The heel to toe forward march patent? You must only wear socks from this list of approved manufacturers? During the competition season there will be no teeter-totter, contact sports, slides over 6 feet and if you're a horn player, absolutely no kissing? I will not use my horn case to slide in the snow?

Whatever happened to "that was fun, I'll be back next season!"?

I knew we had turned into a litigious society after the "Oh that coffee is hot!" deal.

What was the corps protecting themselves from?

How the heck can a 12 year old harm an entire organization?

WTF?

Am I just dumb, old or over reacting?

Somebody, just stop me!

I marched for 8 years and the only thing (our Moderator Father Scheraldi) I ever promised was not to kiss the girls and make them cry.

Puppet

And then go bankrupt and disappear when kids aren't committed to paying. Or taking a kids money up front and then cutting him before tour. No contracts....Sounds like an awesome idea. :blink:

Edited by luvs me sum mello!

And then go bankrupt and disappear when kids aren't committed to paying. Or taking a kids money up front and then cutting him before tour. No contracts....Sounds like an awesome idea. :blink:

Sounds more like: "Loves Me Some Mello-drama!"

And I just couldn't pass that one by. :blink:

And what started out as a pseudo rant designed to get a couple of laughs - turns out I should make an apology.

But let me say this: I was making fun of a contract for a pre-teen not about those of you who are mostly of voting age who already should have developed a sense of responsibility and don't get me started on an organization who would renege on an agreement or go bankrupt over a couple of thousand dollars. C'mon, don't overreact and I'll try to keep my comedic meds in check.

Puppet

And I just couldn't pass that one by. :lol:

And what started out as a pseudo rant designed to get a couple of laughs - turns out I should make an apology.

But let me say this: I was making fun of a contract for a pre-teen not about those of you who are mostly of voting age who already should have developed a sense of responsibility and don't get me started on an organization who would renege on an agreement or go bankrupt over a couple of thousand dollars. C'mon, don't overreact and I'll try to keep my comedic meds in check.

Puppet

There's no joking around in drum corps. Ever. You must be completely serious every moment of every day.

And I just couldn't pass that one by. :lol:

Puppet

FTW!!! LOL :lol:

I was with The Targets from 1997-2003. when I left the corps to move up a division I was 15. This summer would be my age out year. Some people just start at an early age.