Official GLASSMEN 2009 Thread

Probably just the gym at G-West. It's like playing inside a tin can.

Not many corps have their own rehearsal facility. I'm jealous that Gmen have their own place to call home.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many corps have their own rehearsal facility. I'm jealous that Gmen have their own place to call home.

It's really quite a neat place if you ever have the chance to visit. Lots of great drum corps nostalgia that we like to share with our family.

Yes, it even comes with it's own resident ghost!

(cue the spooky music)...

" SARAH " don't mess with her ! She loves our kids !! :tongue::tongue:

I concur about Glassmen hall being haunted! I stayed there a couple of times, and it's just as creepy during the day as it is at night!

That place would be great for an episode of Ghost Hunters!

No Sh**. I was at the last camp as a volunteer and late Saturday night after we put the corps to bed us vols went to "socialize" in the "boiler room" and I was the last to leave. Sitting next to the fridge, which had a chain bolted to the side of it, I heard a sound and looked up at it. It was moving staight out from fridge and banging it three or four times. It was not moving back and forth like as if a breeze had pushed it. I was looking to see if the entire fridge was moving like a vibration or something. There was no movement, or breeze or anything. It also got REALLY cold in the room right before. The hair on my arms went crazy. On the way home my son and another Gmen were talking about the "ghost" of G-West which they called Sarah and I went numb. I never said anything to them before they brought it up. Too freaky. I'm 56 years old and NEVER have had anything happen like that before. I'm glad Sarah likes the kids because she scared the crap out of me.

A will assume you don't work with a drum corps or know how much souvie sales mean to the everyday running of the corps.

I will however as promised keep my opinions of the 2009 glassmen open till I (finally ) hear them on the field.

I do however think it hurts not to post your program .

I did not understand CROWN'S 2008 show till it was explained about a composer searching for the perfect ending.

what could it hurt...

LL

It's too bad drum corps has to be "explained" to everyone now days. Crown's show stood on it's own merits as one of the best in years. Very entertaining, classy and a crowd favorite. Just like Glassmen's last year. There is no requirement for a corps to "advertise", "announce" or "post" their show before they come out. Nor should there be any expectations for them to do that. That would be like GM telling the public about their future car programs every month as they develop them. As you said keep your opinion about Gmen or any corps open until you actually see them. But then again hey you'll know the program then right?

It's too bad drum corps has to be "explained" to everyone now days. Crown's show stood on it's own merits as one of the best in years. Very entertaining, classy and a crowd favorite. Just like Glassmen's last year. There is no requirement for a corps to "advertise", "announce" or "post" their show before they come out. Nor should there be any expectations for them to do that. That would be like GM telling the public about their future car programs every month as they develop them. As you said keep your opinion about Gmen or any corps open until you actually see them. But then again hey you'll know the program then right?

The thing about a lot of shows these days, especially the Crown show in mention, is that they can be enjoyed completely on one level just from the performance of the music and the drill, without knowing anything about what the show is about, and then on another level taking into account the theme and overall message that not all viewers might be aware of.

The "haunted" legend of g-west stems from when the facility at one time was used as a hounted house at halloween for a fundraiser. Some of the props for that are still there in storage.

As for the 2009 show...I have seen a couple of rehearsals. and it looks to be a well written, very entertaining show, with a very talented group to perform it !!

First to compare 2009 Crown and Glassmen is a joke.

second this is not GM. this is not corporate America.

this is only drum corps.

If it were positive , GLASSMEN would have released info long ago.