Drums Along the Strip

Is Sam Boyd Stadium indoors? I sure hope so... or it may be "sitting the desert heat for the fail."

Perhaps you should go there, instead of making uninformed comments. :tongue:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should go there, instead of making uninformed comments. :smile:

What, are you telling me that it's not hot in the desert in the summertime? Sorry that I'm uninformed. I appreciate your enlightenment. :tongue:

What, are you telling me that it's not hot in the desert in the summertime? Sorry that I'm uninformed. I appreciate your enlightenment. :tongue:

Yes, it is hot in the desert. As opposed to hot AND humid, in Florida, Texas, etc. :smile:

I like the idea of fan voting. I would love to see DCI do something like this. The only problem is that you text your vote after the show. This means that many people that like to miss the first few corps will most likely not vote for them. What if a judge hung out in the parking lot for the first two corps and only judged the last three?

I think fans should get a ballot when they enter the stadium. After the first corps starts ballots are no longer handed out. Still an honor system, but ask that only fans that saw all performing corps to vote. Possibly fans could text a score after each corps, and the scores could be averaged? Just a thought.

Excellent idea. Besides, with texting allowed, you'd have people stuffing the ballot box, texting the text number to other fans, family and friends who weren't at the show to vote early and often for their honk corps. The vote would be meaningless except to show who rigged the voting best.

Paper ballots are hard to count fast, though. I don't know exactly how to do it, but the vote won't be valid if it isn't restricted to people who saw the shows that night.

There's no room for a post show party at my house. Besides, with all the entertainment available in Vegas, you want to hang out at my house? We lives miles from Sam Boyd Stadium and The Strip.

Regarding the name, I'm pretty sure it's taken from Dan Vanatta.

(We need a smiley for "Captain Obvious")

Garry in Vegas

How about Serena's place? She right off the strip down by the South coast. I'll ask her next week when I see her for March Madness. Didn't the "M" just open up down by here as well?

It's no worse in Las Vegas then in AZ or CA's Central Valley (Sacto/Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield) yet there are shows there every year. Anything over 100 is still Africa hot no matter where it is!

It's no worse in Las Vegas then in AZ or CA's Central Valley (Sacto/Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Bakersfield) yet there are shows there every year. Anything over 100 is still Africa hot no matter where it is!

Loomis, CA 2003 (shudder)

it's an open stadium, now if you want hot, The Academy in 2006 did a div II show in Lake Havasu, it was 100 at show time 9:00pm

all corps rehearsed in doors that day.

Is Sam Boyd Stadium indoors? I sure hope so... or it may be "sitting the desert heat for the fail."

please remind all truck drivers that SEMI TRUCKS and trucks with trailers are not allowed to cross over the dam heading toward phoenix or flagstaff.

any truck going west from Las Vegas, has to go south to Lake Havasu, then east to Kingman, about a 1 hour extra time.