"Lake Erie Thunder" Camp #9

The "Lake Erie Thunder" Drum & Bugle Corps is ACCEPTING MEMBERS in ALL AREAS for it's 2009 Inaugural Season!!! Come out and experience for yourself, why the "Thunder" is going to create a Thunder and Lightning Storm that has never been seen in the ranks of DCA! Not only do we have great music....but also a "steller" staff that is already bringing the "Thunder" to the next level of excellence. In addition, we have full lines of equipment for any and all who will choose to join us on what is already unfolding to be the adventure of a lifetime!!!

And our 2009 Production...."Lake Effect"....will show you that "ERIE" is the place to be for that "musical adventure".....

The "Lake Effect" will make it's presence known as follows:

On the Waterfront

Riders On the Storm

The Four Elements

Over the Rainbow

Into the Storm

In addition, we already have "6 Shows" lined up for the upcoming season......where the newest "force of nature"......"Lake Erie Thunder" will make it's presence known to ALL!!!!

So, come join us for our next rehearsal camp #9 this Sat, May 16.th from 12 - 5 PM and Sun, May 17.th from 12 - 5 PM. In addition, this camp is DUES FREE for all who attend!!!!

The Rehearsal Camp will be held at:

Iroquois High School

4301 Main St.

Erie, PA 16511

Come check us out and help us create the Drum Corps "Storm of the Century" that no one will ever forget!!!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is not a bad omen of things to come!

It is, and I am very sad. I want to March! Now I'm thinkin' about drivin' 3 hours. How 'bout East Strausburg?

I REALLY WANT TO MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick,

Come to Williamson NY today and do the parade with St Joes! It is near Mikes cottage so who knows? Parade starts at 3 PM...right off the 104.

Sounds like that made your day.....

Why would you say that? Everyone down here was hoping things were well.The positive banter here on DCP pointed to a successfull start.We know how hard it is to do this,and I really know the how hard it is personally.You're dead wrong on this!!

I guess because of the exclamation point and our hostile exchange earlier in the year. No hard feelings on my part I assure you. Its been a bad day..... They sent out an e-mail this morning saying we were going inactive for 2009. That's all. i don't know why they haven't announced it yet. Once the email is sent.....its out there. We had a solid horn line of around 25 for a long time. The horn line would have smoked by August. Good job to our brass staff and Ken Berlin in particular. The drum line and guard never materialized. A bunch of key percussion people went to Empire and took some players with them. No bass drum line. A few T-birds snares willing to help out, a few pit folks. People we were counting on, we shouldn't have been counting on. Band directors didn't participate. Not enough rehearsal time scheduled, some bad decisions. You name it, it happened.

Edited by Mike_B

I guess because of the exclamation point and our hostile exchange earlier in the year. No hard feelings on my part I assure you. Its been a bad day..... They sent out an e-mail this morning saying we were going inactive for 2009. That's all. i don't know why they haven't announced it yet. Once the email is sent.....its out there. We had a solid horn line of around 25 for a long time. The horn line would have smoked by August. Good job to our brass staff and Ken Berlin in particular. The drum line and guard never materialized. A bunch of key percussion people went to Empire and took some players with them. No bass drum line. A few T-birds snares willing to help out, a few pit folks. People we were counting on, we shouldn't have been counting on. Band directors didn't participate. Not enough rehearsal time scheduled, some bad decisions. You name it, it happened.

I know you're pain.Starting over is hard too.You have to look at what worked and what didn't.We had a decent winter percussion wise and put out a nice ensemble but as it always seems to happens that little black cloud of ours came out again.The day we were to have our perfomance at Chapter Championships and best recruiting event I ended up in the ER and was unable to get the truck.Its also has delayed our parade corps debut moving it from Memorial Day to a later June event.I'm being admitted to the hospital this monday further complicating things.The big differnece is others have risen to the challendge and are filling the gap.I hope LET carries on and come out in 2010, you might see a Pittsburgh group there too.