"Lake Erie Thunder" Camp #9

This comment sickens me to the core!! its not time for a beer at all. Its time to cut our losses see what we have left and see what we need to do to ALL help each other in Erie and get a competitve field corps in Erie. I met my husband doing this activity and it sickens me to think that you have just given up on something so important in this day and age that means so much to a lot of people. I still want to march and I am all for LET going out as a mini corps we need to show that we worked our butts off. Kids want to see a product. They don't want to jump into something unknown. We need a field corps in Erie and we deserve to have one not a beer!

Dearest Heather........I understand your frustration having been involved in the activity since 1958. When you've been around as long as I have you're able to read between the lines.

I'm sure what Mikey B. was actually saying was....."hey...we gave it a shot....did what we could do...but it didn't work out (for now). LET'S (get the acronym...?) regroup and try again."

Yep.....ALL THAT from.........Time for a Beer. :tongue:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my observation, horn line numbers was not the problem here...but lack of battery and guard. I'm surprised to see horn players (past and present) bickering about this.

For whatever reason, recruting is tough these days! (Matter of fact...recruting seems to always be tough...)

Regroup and try again!!!! It can still be a reality.

"If you think you can, or think you can't...YOU'RE RIGHT!" ....Zig Ziglar

As Pepe said "not till the first shovel full hits my face" so stand up dust off and make a go of it we want to see it on the feild, this year next year and the years after move forward for yourselves and us the fans PLEASE

Point taken. I'm done with the whole thing, that is, unless I'm personally attacked. So keep me out of it you all.

sometimes you have to respond 'Mike_B'.....people here always have a comment and then in frustration the response is offensive to some other....well ...tough..have the beer Mike and enjoy......some are not as passionate and some are way too passionate.......I truly hope that you are not done with the whole thing!!!! I truly have no idea who you are or even anything about your character other than what I have read here on DCP......I sense that you and others like Nick are drum corps guys with a lot of passion and are loyal and also with your loyalty expect loyalty in return......things happen and you have every right to be ###### and dissappointed etc....but again I quote you...."YOU SURVIVE" have a good one if you can!!! :tongue: Back at yah!! EH?

sometimes you have to respond 'Mike_B'.....people here always have a comment and then in frustration the response is offensive to some other....well ...tough..have the beer Mike and enjoy......some are not as passionate and some are way too passionate.......I truly hope that you are not done with the whole thing!!!! I truly have no idea who you are or even anything about your character other than what I have read here on DCP......I sense that you and others like Nick are drum corps guys with a lot of passion and are loyal and also with your loyalty expect loyalty in return......things happen and you have every right to be ###### and dissappointed etc....but again I quote you...."YOU SURVIVE" have a good one if you can!!! :tongue: Back at yah!! EH?

I think that's an excellant post. Not just for Mikey B. but something we can all relate too. (or is it TO...?) Anyway..........Mike is not a quiter......frustrated right now?...Most likley. He's not done......He's been doing this to long and has the PASSION for the activity that one can only envy.

He ain't done :tongue:

I think that's an excellant post. Not just for Mikey B. but something we can all relate too. (or is it TO...?) Anyway..........Mike is not a quiter......frustrated right now?...Most likley. He's not done......He's been doing this to long and has the PASSION for the activity that one can only envy.

He ain't done :tongue:

Oh believe me I knew that he ain't done!!! And again I sensed.........no...... I know ..... that there are no quitters in Erie...just some support from an old drum corps guy who is passionate as well.....and it is too lol ....Cheers!! :tongue:

No, i'm not done. I'm gonna play with the T-birds and go watch and appreciate all the corps I can. Sean and Heather, I'm not apologizing but I hate to argue believe it or not. Sean, good luck at Cru. Hope you enjoy it. mike B

Oh believe me I knew that he ain't done!!! And again I sensed.........no...... I know ..... that there are no quitters in Erie...just some support from an old drum corps guy who is passionate as well.....and it is too lol ....Cheers!! :tongue:

Stanforj....you are absolutely RIGHT.....there ARE NO QUITTERS in "Lake Erie Thunder"!!! And, although I am heart broken that we have been called "inactive"....for now.....WE, "THUNDER", ARE NOT FINISHED.....Only "delayed".....for now.

To all my "THUNDER" Brethren....I love you all dearly....Please "KEEP THE FAITH".....For our "Journey" does not end here.......This is only the beginning.......So, LET'S Step out TOGETHER.........Keeping our eyes forever on the "Prize"!!!!

Amen sista! It was a pleasure to know you.

Ditto, Mike! And, the pleasure was mine, as well! I will miss you all dearly.....until we meet again!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue::tongue: