A senseless loss of one of our own.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Senseless, does not even begin to describe this...

May he Rest in Peace, may his tragic death be a lesson learned somewhere to someone who can make a change for good.

(It's not Los Angeles, Lennox Sheriff's do not work in the city of Los Angeles........ LAPD does.)

Sorry for the family's loss

Edited by Cop

Very sad.

I was especially taken aback when I saw the picture of him. The uniform looks very similar, I dare say exact, to Southwind's uniform from 1999-2003. Did SoCal buy SW's old unis? To think that that young man wore the same uni I gave my blood for.

I was reduced to tears when I saw that pic.

My heart goes out to his family. And to SoCal.

I certainly don't know all the details, and this might sound a bit weird, but I've often wondered if a street gang might mistake someone wearing a corps jacket, T-shirt or tattoo as a member of a rival gang encroaching on their turf. I know it's kind of scary, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :thumbdown:

Absolutely senseless and therefore, tragic. My heart goes out to all of his family.

RIP brother.

I certainly don't know all the details, and this might sound a bit weird, but I've often wondered if a street gang might mistake someone wearing a corps jacket, T-shirt or tattoo as a member of a rival gang encroaching on their turf. I know it's kind of scary, but I thought I'd throw it out there. :thumbdown:

As a 20 year Police Officer.. NO!

What a tragedy, especially to someone as young and selfless as Robert.

I guess it's true that only the good die young. God has taken another one home.

My prayers and deepest sympathies go out to his blood family and drum corps family.

RIP

Very sad.

I was especially taken aback when I saw the picture of him. The uniform looks very similar, I dare say exact, to Southwind's uniform from 1999-2003. Did SoCal buy SW's old unis? To think that that young man wore the same uni I gave my blood for.

I was reduced to tears when I saw that pic.

My heart goes out to his family. And to SoCal.

They were, indeed Southwind's old unis...at least the tops were. The shakos were likely borrowed from Torrance HS (they were in 06). The had straps in 06, but I bought the chains for them later.

The purple sash covered up the black trim...plus they added to a LA Laker's color scheme...

What a sick, senseless, disgusting thing. A shining star dedicating his life to improve others and give them something to live for and someone takes that life away in the blink of an eye.

Prayers go out for his family and friends.