A senseless loss of one of our own.

What a sick, senseless, disgusting thing. A shining star dedicating his life to improve others and give them something to live for and someone takes that life away in the blink of an eye.

Prayers go out for his family and friends.

sickening. I watched the TV news story from another poster's link and was uncontrollably compelled to go hug my daughter and call my mom.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts are with his family. Rest in peace, Robert.

I don't even know this man and I shed a tear over this, probably more out of frustration than anything.....we live in rough and unfair times and I hate it. Things like this are the reason why I do drum corps...to get away from the BS that is the real world

• 1 month later...

Hey all, this thread is a couple of months old but the news came before the drum corp season truly started and while traffic on DCP was lighter. I thought I'd bump the thread so that more drum corp fans will have the opportunity to help his family out. You can donate by clicking the following. Every little bit helps.

http://content.socaldream.org//index.php?o...94&Itemid=1

Thanks for bumping. This kind of senseless violence needs to get more attention. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

As a 20 year Police Officer.. NO!

There is a caveat to this...on tour in '91 we were in Mississippi, and the tenor line wore red bandanas on their heads. We were out of uniform after practice, and one of our tenor line members was sitting on the curb with his bandana still on. Some 16 year old kid came walking up behind him and asked him if he was a gang member, while pulling up the front of his shirt to reveal a .22 tucked into his sweatpants. Said tenor player smartly walked away while one of our members explained to this kid that he was not in a gang.

RIP Robert.

Edited by atlvalet