Americanos parade corps 2009

Tonight we held our first rehearsal for the Americanos parade corps. We will be marching the Flag Day Parade on June 13th in Appleton Wisconsin.

Below is a clip of Cherry pink. A tune played back in 1974. We would also like to welcome back Ken Norman, who arranged for the corps in the 70s.

Percussion is arranged by Eric Christie also arranger from the 70s. The corps is looking to have about 50 participants made up of both alumni and non

alumni. We are still looking for more to join us. Head over to americanosalumni.org for more info! Our next rehearsal is Set for May 25th 3 pm at the

Americanos Centre.

Thank you to all who showed up on last minute notice. (special note. all of these people have not played anywhere from 2-40 years.

VIVA!!!

HOLY ####!!!!!!

any plans coming back to the field in the future?

Its always a possibility, the parade corps is just a small step. As of now there are not any plans to return to DCI competetion.

Edited by dcf06

Congrats!!! Americanos have been missed, and just glad that the tradition and history is being kept alive

Congrats!!! Americanos have been missed, and just glad that the tradition and history is being kept alive

Thanks for the kind words. Its been an honor being one of the people putting the Alumni Association, and the parade corps together. It is an experience of its own. Although I will not be ageing out this summer with a DCI corps. Its great to see the reconnections and the Alumni comming together. Many people are seeing the potential of what a group of people can do. Our future is still unknown, but one thing is for sure The history of the Americanos will live on.

Edited by dcf06

Thanks for the kind words. Its been an honor being one of the people putting the Alumni Association, and the parade corps together. It is an experience of its own. Although I will not be ageing out this summer with a DCI corps. Its great to see the reconnections and the Alumni comming together. Many people are seeing the potential of what a group of people can do. Our future is still unknown, but one thing is for sure The history of the Americanos will live on.

Sean...even I won't be pouring any moisture on the parade. Congratulations on getting this far. Was the contra guy sitting on the stage? Just ribbing you a bit. I can't help it.

That was chip next to me I was teaching how to play a three valve tuba. He hasnt marched since the 70s not use to todays corps "bugles". Cant wait til the 25th, we are expecting even more people to show up. Tom we may not agree with each other all the time but I respect your thoughts.

Edited by dcf06