BLUE KNIGHTS - 2009 Show Announcement

I really do hope BK impresses me this year. I've been a drum corps fan since 2004, and I have yet to like a Blue Knights show. I have liked the way performed it, just not the concept or design. I'm all for choreography(sp?) and body movement, but you have to play every now and then...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care how good their show is, me personally find their "homemade" flags to be a complete distraction. And before anyone starts to lecture, I do understand the history behind them. Also, invest in some guard uniforms, wearing pajamas or workout gear on the field is gettin old. I took a first timer to a show last summer and after BK performed she turned to me and asked if the corps didnt have any money thats why visually they looked like that. Time to move on people...

It's not hard to tell when somebody just hates a corps. lol.

Love the guard uniforms and flags MOST of the time. There have been a few "pajama" looking ones that I didn't like. But, I tend to like spareness when it comes to guard unis.

Story time about the "pajamas"

First tour of 03. The guard had these...white jumpsuits. Full ankle, full wrist too if I remember correctly. Triangles of red, yellow, and blue to tie into the Primary Colors theme. Not the most attractive looking uniforms.

Now, as seems to be commonplace with BK Guards, our guard was very attractive. We certainly knew that. However, with these unflattering uniforms, many a comment was heard from other corps or spectators regarding the guard, saying they were ugly or unattractive, etc. :ph34r:

Second tour. New guard uniforms. White pants, white tops, and splotches of primary colored paint. All of a sudden, guys were coming out of the woodwork, commenting on our lovely ladies. We knew the truth all along.

They never got the time of day.

Go figure. :smile:

I appreciate the corps' efforts, but I have to admit that I have pretty consistently been underwhelmed with everything about their show designs. That said, I wish them luck.

It's cool to feel that way, everybody has there own tastes. Personally i am a BK homer and since I am an alum it makes my love of the product on the field seemed biased. But I submit that if I had not marched and had my pick I would still want to go there. I will say this, BK has always stood for making an Artistic Performance in Body and Musical Performance. Just like many like Monet, some like Picasso. Art is art, music is music, it's not always gonna be black and white... Last season may not be everyone's cup o tea, but Cloudbursts and the presentation of it was awe inspiring, Very Creative. 2007 and 2006 were phenominal shows. I am looking forward to seeing this years program and have a feeling we'll see the elements of BK that make them artistic, but I also feel we'll see some more "drum corps crowd friendly ideas" as well. Just a feeling, based on nothing else than that... I think they could be a major player this summer, especially since they are putting Winter into summertime... I cannot wait and will be wearing my BK arctic gear in the stands to prepare for Shiver!!! (everyone bring your jackets and put them on to pay homage, LOL :smile: ) GET EVIL IN THE WINTER, GO BK!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Personally I find it amusing that most people who tell the world they don't like BK's "weird" shows will go ahead and worship Star of Indiana 1993 for being "out there".

this.