Anyone ever march BOTH?

Cavies or Phantom  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Did you march in Cavaliers or Phantom Regiment?

• Cavaliers
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Neither...I just HAD to vote in the poll, though! ;-)

I also hear there is a drummer who marched phantom, bd AND cavies .....3 consecutive years.... i don't know how i feel about that one.

I've heard this, supposedly he was the 2nd bass for cavies this year, won a drum title with Phantom in 06, went to BD and picked up another, would've been crazy had cavies taken high drums this year, that would've just been a feat

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An age out of 2009 Music City Mystique marched Crossmen, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment, and The Cavaliers. (Maybe Pioneer but I dont remember)

He marched Bass. Does that count?

Not Pioneer. Jersey Surf. He's also teaching the Troopers this summer. A lot of the old Crossmen alumni gave him some ribbing about that at our last alumni event.

Edited by Taylor

That's correct.... he marched bass drum in Phantom in '06, Blue Devlis in '07 and Cavaliers in '08. Two drum trophies in three years... not too shabby. Had he done the reverse order he'd have three consecutive DCI Championship rings all with different corps. A feat like that would surely be a first.

A Cavalier tenor from '02-'04 aged out with Phantom in '05 on tenors.

A Cavalier snare from '06-'08 is marching his age out with Phantom this summer.

I also hear there is a drummer who marched phantom, bd AND cavies .....3 consecutive years.... i don't know how i feel about that one.

Did he win a championship?

I know two guys with similar situations.

One marched two years with Cavaliers, then two years with Cadets.

Another marched a few years on Sop with Colts, then a year of guard with Cavies, then a year of guard with Cadets.

I have heard about a bunch of people marching Cadets then going to BD

And it's not new...in I marched with a bari (Charlie Ryan....great guy) who came to BD to age out after WINNING with Garfield in 83!

I'd guess that BD probably has more people going to it to age out than many other corps.

Not Pioneer. Jersey Surf. He's also teaching the Troopers this summer. A lot of the old Crossmen alumni gave him some ribbing about that at our last alumni event.

he also posts on here.