OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited for Drums On Parade Tomorrow, Can't wait- Knock Em' Dead for the HOME CROWD! :) :tongue:

I hope I won't get into any trouble asking this, but...

I bought 4 tickets to Drum on Parade for tomorrow. Unfortunately, my family and I won't be able to attend anymore. They are good seats in Section B. I paid $15 for each ticket. I'm not trying to sell these for a profit, but rather than having 4 empty seats for the show is there anyone interested in using them? Send me a PM if you are interested. It will just be a first come, first serve basis to make it fair.

Thanks, and I hope it is a great show tomorrow!

I'm gonna go ahead and be a Negative Nancy (and I KNOW IT'S EARLY):

Seeds of doubt are being planted in my head right now. I'm starting to think Romiro isn't a good fit for the Scouts...I kinda-sorta got the "latin culture" show last year, and based on reviews it sounds like I might have a hard time getting this whole "superhero" show for this year. On top of that I didn't like most of the BD shows he helped design...

The shows themselves were fun, but the themes in his shows just don't come across to me very well. Reviews of the shows seem to agree with me...

Prove me wrong guys, please? (pow?)

Ok, I just got home from DOP.

I obviously don't understand drum corps anymore!

I just don't get Scouts in fifth! WHAT!

I love their show.

DOP:

6th 61.90 Pioneer

5th 69.50 SCOUTS

4th 69.60 Spirit

3rd 69.70 Colts

2nd 74.50 Blue Stars

1st 77.70 Phantom Regiment

Uniforms looked nothing short of BEAUTIFUL on the field tonight. I may be a fan but the scouts played a great show, just keep cleanin!

:thumbup:

I'm gonna go ahead and be a Negative Nancy (and I KNOW IT'S EARLY):

Seeds of doubt are being planted in my head right now. I'm starting to think Romiro isn't a good fit for the Scouts...I kinda-sorta got the "latin culture" show last year, and based on reviews it sounds like I might have a hard time getting this whole "superhero" show for this year. On top of that I didn't like most of the BD shows he helped design...

The shows themselves were fun, but the themes in his shows just don't come across to me very well. Reviews of the shows seem to agree with me...

Prove me wrong guys, please? (pow?)

Wow (not POW), that was fast jumping off point. I guess you don't remember where the Scouts sat at this point in the season last year? (answer is 19th, ahead of ONE world class corps). Some shows are written to improve as the season goes on. That is something the Ramiro's BD shows (that you didn't like) did on their way to top finishes if not championships. Scouts are in a much better position than they were last season so I'm not giving up on them yet.

Edited by patblamo

Wow (not POW), that was fast jumping off point. I guess you don't remember where the Scouts sat at this point in the season last year? (answer is 19th, ahead of ONE world class corps). Some shows are written to improve as the season goes on. That is something the Ramiro's BD shows (that you didn't like) did on their way to top finishes if not championships. Scouts are in a much better position than they were last season so I'm not giving up on them yet.

I'm not worried about placement, I have every hope that they pull through like they did last year.

What I'm worried about is my ability to get the show theme. (Again, I haven't even seen the whole show yet, I'm just having doubts based on some reviews. I think that's normal and I still think I'll enjoy the show either way out of complete bias :thumbup: )

GO SCOUTS