OFFICIAL 2009 Madison Scouts Thread

Ive heard that Madison will not be competing in I&E, in particular drums? Anyone else hear this?

dci.org just posted an I & E schedule with times and names.

Percussion wise the Scouts have 1 tenor, a percussion ensemble, bass drum ensemble and cymbal ensemble.

Kick some ### guys!!!

Edited by bass5

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kid.jpg

That is all.

Don't really want to stir up the hornets nest, but that type of attitude, along with some others posted in this tread about being "better than everyone" is crap.

The fact that alums are spouting about being better than anyone is beyond me. I'd hope the current Scouts are worried about being better than the Academy, Troopers, Colts, Crossmen etc... than about being 10 times better than anyone else.

THAT is not the Madison Scout swagger that I grew up knowing.

:blink: But - what do I know? I never marched so I'm not allowed an opinion. Right? :devil:

Edited by acn

Kid.jpg

That is all.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

is this targeted to the 'heart' to be inspiring??

or not?? Starting to not really be able to tell the difference - not too sure if that is good or bad

Sense of humor lacking in the Nickelsen family...

Don't really want to stir up the hornets nest, but that type of attitude, along with some others posted in this tread about being "better than everyone" is crap.

The fact that alums are spouting about being better than anyone is beyond me. I'd hope the current Scouts are worried about being better than the Academy, Troopers, Colts, Crossmen etc... than about being 10 times better than anyone else.

THAT is not the Madison Scout swagger that I grew up knowing.

:blink: But - what do I know? I never marched so I'm not allowed an opinion. Right? :devil:

I bet they are not worried about being better then anyone or any drum corps... Blue Devils or Blue anything... I think winning is what you learn and what you take with you.

So telling someone that if they're in the Scouts - they're 10 times better than anyone, while they're actually fighting for 15th is funny?? :blink:

I'd be embarassed. But that's just me.

Edited by acn

Madison Scout Bass line just won DCI Championship with a score of 97! These Scouts ARE the best. Kudos to the posters who give the MM the props they deserve. The MM did not write the show that is scoring at the present level. Its about time all you Negative Nancy's get you head out of your arse and start giving the MM'S the credit they deserve. GO SCOUTS!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!! :blink::devil::tongue::blush::santa::lol::blink::devil: :devil: :blush::santa::lol::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: POW!!! POW!!!

I wasn't really trying to be funny. I think it's a valid question about what the intended meaning of that 'message' was (don't know if it's a t-shirt, or not). People jumped all over us a few weeks ago because I guess we were taking things a bit to literal, so I was curious if this was another motivational/inspirational/ball puffing type thing.

congrats to the bass line :blink:

do you know if they wrote their ensemble themselves,? or did Roger write it?