Phantom Uniform Pics

I think I'll just have to get used to it. It looks okay. I do like the DM uniform a lot better. Those small accents come out better with a contrasting color.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The post above mentioned that the jackets look "soft" and not as intimidating or powerful as before, yet last year they had a flowing lame (that's la-MAY) drape across their chests. And that is somehow supposed to be more intimidating than this new uniform?? :thumbs-up:

I mean broader context: 89-93, 03-07. Not so much the drape business of last year, though even that emphasized shoulder width. Those other ones generally had a much wider sash and a blockier appearance as compared to the nuance of the new one. Again, is that a bad thing? No, it is just a different and more subtle approach.

Hmm, I think I am slightly less enthusiastic after seeing the whole effect as well. Mainly because some of the clean simplicity of the previous uniform (which was very powerful and intimidating) has been lost. The narrower sash and abundance of fussy details with buttons and trim softens the whole thing quite a bit. It reminds me of a ballet costume version of a toy solider. That's not necessarily a negative, but it doesn't come off as "ROARRRRRR!!" and in your face as the previous ones. Now with the helmets on, it may change the dynamic of them a lot.

I think a big aspect is that there are few straight lines on the jacket. The old uniform had the straight vertical row of buttons and the symmetrical "pockets" and symmetrical bottom of the jacket, and the shoulder "wings." The new uniform...all the vertical lines are broken into sweeping asymmetrical curves. Also I don't think they fit any better than the old ones; the pants maybe, but the jackets seem just as baggy.

My reaction to the new uniforms in practice is about the same as it was with the first picture: "Uh...oh...well...hmm."

I like it, just to much white for me...

As far as the "bando" comments go, hate to break to people, but nearly every uniform I can think of going back many years looks bando.

Exactly. They're all geeky, and quite ridiculous, and have been for a few decades whether they be faux military unis or whatever. All geeky cheese. But we embrace it anyway, right?

Exactly. They're all geeky, and quite ridiculous, and have been for a few decades whether they be faux military unis or whatever. All geeky cheese. But we embrace it anyway, right?

Yeah for some reason, I don't think Regiment will ever have the problem of looking bando ever.