Hey Minnesota corps people!

I have been looking into this for some time and believe it is time we start discussing the possibility and viability of forming a junior drum and bugle corps in Minnesota. We have a great history here and after the inquiries I have made I believe we could create a solid foundation for a successful junior drum and bugle corps organization. Please contact me if you would like to discuss and I will set up a meeting with all those interested.

THANK YOU!!!

There have been lots of Minnesota kids that have marched in the top junior corps around the country in recent years, but like most other areas of North America, I don't think there is a huge push to start any new juniors here. It seems that the healthy all-age corps activity in Minnesota gives some junior age members that option, while others join one of the elite junior corps if they are inclined to do so.

There have been some attempts the past 10 years or so to resurrect the junior activity in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, but those efforts have yet to see results.

Its something to look into. Minnesota has a good tradition of marching bands in many parts, particularly around the cities. I remember our SD marching bands getting their butts handed to them from many a marching bands in Minnesota

Blue Stars tapped into the Minneapolis area heavily during the start of their comeback, lots of members from Irondale HS back in those days, and still a very healthy contingent coming from MN.

Blue Stars tapped into the Minneapolis area heavily during the start of their comeback, lots of members from Irondale HS back in those days, and still a very healthy contingent coming from MN.

Agreed. I mean, who doesn't want more corps? But Minnesota on the junior side of the activity might be a bit tough. To put it in golfing terms, I looked at my Atlas and you could probably hit Minnesota from LaCrosse WI. with a 5 iron. It's a great idea though, and I hope that it eventually comes to fruition. :tongue:

Edited by Piper

How about hooking up with Chippewa Valley Brigade out of Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls? Probably within 1.5 hours of the Twin Cities.

Edited by warsawstory

the brewsters?

Why not start up as an Open Class corps? Surf still does a "weekend only" thing and other corps do limited touring to help balance the corps budget. Just a thought.....and GOOD LUCK!