Memories and Condolences

I can only say how sorry the Crusaders Organization is in the passing of such a great friend,brother,son,teacher,administrator and adjudicator!

Bruce in his hawaiian shirt and straw hat will be sorely missed this summer along with that famous grin or smirk that went with it!

Back many moons ago, when Bruce and Brady were beginning their respective careers, either separately or together, Bruce always was the consummate professional and inspirational towards the junior and senior corps they taught!

May God bless and keep his family in his arms during this terrible time and have solace that we will be together someday in a better world!

God Bless!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only say how sorry the Crusaders Organization is in the passing of such a great friend,brother,son,teacher,administrator and adjudicator!

Bruce in his hawaiian shirt and straw hat will be sorely missed this summer along with that famous grin or smirk that went with it!

Back many moons ago, when Bruce and Brady were beginning their respective careers, either separately or together, Bruce always was the consummate professional and inspirational towards the junior and senior corps they taught!

May God bless and keep his family in his arms during this terrible time and have solace that we will be together someday in a better world!

God Bless!

May I add my condolences too. Years ago I used to ride to the Tri Town Cadets practices in Castile, NY with Dick Pronti and Brady Rouse and met Bruce for the first time. He was a great guy and stayed that way his whole life. It was nice to be in his company and I was grateful to be his friend.

Steve Cooley

This is indeed a sad day for drum corps.

RIP

RIP Bruce. You live on in many hearts.

A great man and a great friend! Always a kind word, hug, and handshake. Professional, caring, and a wealth of knowledge.

We will all miss you Bruce. You will be in our hearts and minds.

Sincerest condolences and deepest sympathies to Bruce's families both in and out of drum corps.

Rich Guillen

Do Not Cry

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there; I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow;

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain;

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft star that shines at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.

I am not there; I did not die.

-Anonymous

It is a sad day for the drum corps world, Bruce was one of the good guys. He always had a smile and a hug for you when he saw you.

Bruce was my Google Map Guru he saved my ### by showing me how to check out practice fields on line.

The entire Hawthorne Caballeros organization is sadden by the passing of Bruce and wish to extend our condolences to the McCready and the Brigadier Family.

RIP my friend

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brigadier's Asst. Corps Director Bruce McCready passes

The Brigadier's Assistant Corps Director Bruce McCready succumbed to an all too brief battle with cancer, today 5/27/09. Bruce was a well known instructor and adjudicator in Drum Corps, Marching Bands and Winter Guards. He instructed Marcus Whitman HS Winter Guard for many years and won the first WGI World Scholastic Winter Guard Championship. Bruce has been either an instructor or adjudicator for DCA for the past 30 years.

DCA President, Gil Silva upon hearing of Bruce's passing advised "one of the great things about drum corps is being able to meet a guy like Bruce". He went on to say that he was one of the nicest guys in the activity whose influence and kind heart touched everyone he met.

DCA sends it condolences to Bruce's Mother and Siblings and the entire Brigadier community. He will be sorely missed by all.

From Donna and myself, condolences to the McCready and Brigadier's families.

Godspeed Bruce...

This is very sad. Bruce was such a nice man. He was so excited about all the shows Brigs were having this year. He was always making sure that everything was ok, visiting the sites and making sure everyone had everything they need. My prayers go out to Bruce's family and the Syracuse family. RIP BRUCE!!!