Bb Mellophone?

randomnoise

I like playing high and would love to get a Bb Mello. Does anyone make one?

Have any of you played one?

James - Mellophones are available in Eb as well as F and G.

And yes, Jeff, I typed it that way on purpose - just to see if anyone would pick up on my phraseology.

Anyway - I would love to find a Bb (Piccolo?) Mellophone! If anyone ever hears of a company that makes on, let me know!

piccolo horn? My god, i hate playing on piccolo horns. I can play higher on my stanard horn and it sounds better. Too many people i've talked to think a piccolo horn lets u play higher, it doesn't. It make its easier to play by bringing the notes into a lower partial on the intrument. (you may know this, i don't know, i'm just venting about it.)

Anyway - I would love to find a Bb (Piccolo?) Mellophone! If anyone ever hears of a company that makes on, let me know!

So, basically you're looking for a descant mello? Never heard of such a thing. All the Bb mellos/horns I've seen are lower than their F counterparts.

piccolo horn? My god, i hate playing on piccolo horns. I can play higher on my stanard horn and it sounds better. Too many people i've talked to think a piccolo horn lets u play higher, it doesn't. It make its easier to play by bringing the notes into a lower partial on the intrument. (you may know this, i don't know, i'm just venting about it.)

It was a joke, my friend!

I just want a Mellophone in the same partial as a trumpet.

I guess my only option is a Frumpet!

Except that Frumpets are in Eb/F. Oh well...

:whip:

I guess my only option is a Frumpet!

There's always the flugelhorn.

On a side note, I was just browsing the Kanstul and Yamaha websites. I must have missed it -- when did trumpets and trombones become "foreground brass" and horns, euphoniums, and tubas become "background brass?" :whip:

Edited by Orpheus