Blue Stars Fan Network Video

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I saw that video posted earlier today.

It's their drumbreak, written by Tom Aungst. They also play some stuff written by Brent, all spectacular writing.

Sounding REALLY good for this early in the season, I'm expecting great things for the Blue Stars this season =]

VERY impressive, especially for this early. I can't wait to see their show this year! They've really come a loooooooong way since 2006.

I'm not a drummer and this is one area I tend to overlook when watching a show, but these guys seem to be doing great for this early. For the drummers out there, how would you rate the difficulty of what they are playing?

VERY impressive, especially for this early. I can't wait to see their show this year! They've really come a loooooooong way since 2006.

or 2004 or 2005 for that matter... recordings are harder to find since it was d2, but wow, the change over 5 years has been fun to both be a part of and watch as it has continued. very nice video.. hopefully they put up something similar with the brass.

I'm no percussionist, but if there's one thing I noticed it's that there are a ton of notes there (especially in the snares). More than I'm used to hearing anyways. Reminds me of old Cadets' lines.

edit: Oh! it's Tom Aungst, that explains it.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

Percussion placed 10th at Finals last year, just ahead by .25 to the Glassmen in 11th. It will be interesting to see where they fall this year.

the guy second from the left is almost as white as the drum

or 2004 or 2005 for that matter... recordings are harder to find since it was d2, but wow, the change over 5 years has been fun to both be a part of and watch as it has continued. very nice video.. hopefully they put up something similar with the brass.

Yes. I have their 05 recording, and there is no comparison.