Blue Stars Fan Network Video

Don't stone me to death as I haven't been following my Blue Stars as closely lately as I should be, but what is with the tables? Are they a part of the show? I know they are doing "The Factory" so that *might* make sense...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't stone me to death as I haven't been following my Blue Stars as closely lately as I should be, but what is with the tables? Are they a part of the show? I know they are doing "The Factory" so that *might* make sense...

I do not know for sure, but I would guess you are correct in that they fit into the Factory theme. Hopefully, they will be replaced during shows by tables that look like WWII era tables. I am sure they will be.

Edited by mcjordansc

2009 productions the Zone Part 3 :tongue:

Actually, the corps is so focused on rehearsal that they are having lunch served on them while marching. Very little wasted time there. :tongue:

I'm not a drummer and this is one area I tend to overlook when watching a show, but these guys seem to be doing great for this early. For the drummers out there, how would you rate the difficulty of what they are playing?

I'm going to use my words carefully here for two reasons:

1) UBER-early in the season

2) Video does not translate cleanliness like being there IRL (especially flash video)

I would say this is a pretty difficult break from a "speed+#ofnotes= high difficulty" perspective (it's got Aungst written ALL over it - pun intended). Here's what concerns me: they're playing a book that demands A TON of low-end control while using a very "loose" technique; I think will be tough for them to clean this book with that style...

All that being said, I grade drum books on a single criteria: Would it be fun to play?

ANSWER: A resounding YES! :tongue:

Edited by highpitch_83

I'm going to use my words carefully here for two reasons:

1) UBER-early in the season

2) Video does not translate cleanliness like being there IRL (especially flash video)

I would say this is a pretty difficult break from a "speed+#ofnotes= high difficulty" perspective (it's got Aungst written ALL over it - pun intended). Here's what concerns me: they're playing a book that demands A TON of low-end control while using a very "loose" technique; I think will be tough for them to clean this book with that style...

All that being said, I grade drum books on a single criteria: Would it be fun to play?

ANSWER: A resounding YES! :tongue:

All that being said,......"I have to laugh to myself".

Nice job Blue Stars on the video releases! It looks like so much fun that I want to be part of it. :tongue:

Nice job Blue Stars on the video releases! It looks like so much fun that I want to be part of it. :tongue:

I just wish they would release some of the brass...