Colleges with Color Guard

ATX Winterguard is located in Austin, TX.

We are very close to The University of Texas at Austin, St. Edward's University, Concordia University, Huston-Tillotson University, and Austin Community College. About an hour and a half from Baylor University.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Academy winter guard (IW) has a direct connection with Arizona State University. They are very fortunate and have been given a great deal of support from the University and can offer scholarships for marching ASU field season and The Academy winter guard.

What about colleges with guards in the area? I am considering continuing in an independent guard, but I'm not sure of where I should spin. What are the guards in the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, etc. area?

Look up your local guard circuit's website or visit WGI.org and search for guards by state. However, the list on WGI is only of WGI members.

Slippery Rock University has a Fall Guard.

Practice is held MWF 4-6

Games on Saturday Afternoon/Evening

Two High School band Shows (exhibitions)

Allentown College Festival

Edited by bzuccala

What about colleges with guards in the area? I am considering continuing in an independent guard, but I'm not sure of where I should spin.

Patriots winterguard, Rochester NY...Colleges nearby : Rochester Institute of Technology , Univ of Rochester, Nazareth, St. John Fisher, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Geneseo..all fantatic schools.

Spectrum winterguard, Binghamton , NY...Colleges nearby: Suny Binghamton, SUNY Oneonta, SUNY Cortland, Ithaca College, Cornell University, Syracuse Univeristy, Cazenovia, LeMoyne

All great colleges and two great guards...both WGI Open Class Finalists 2008

Patriots winterguard, Rochester NY...Colleges nearby : Rochester Institute of Technology , Univ of Rochester, Nazareth, St. John Fisher, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Geneseo..all fantatic schools.

Spectrum winterguard, Binghamton , NY...Colleges nearby: Suny Binghamton, SUNY Oneonta, SUNY Cortland, Ithaca College, Cornell University, Syracuse Univeristy, Cazenovia, LeMoyne

All great colleges and two great guards...both WGI Open Class Finalists 2008

Chris thanks for the plug!

What about colleges with guards in the area? I am considering continuing in an independent guard, but I'm not sure of where I should spin. What are the guards in the Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, etc. area?

I believe that Legends Drum and Bugle Corps from Kalamazoo, MI will be adding a competitive winter guard in 2010.