Surprise Corps

The Brigs are going to be coming out strong this year, despite all the rumors from the winter.

Edited by cone256

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not ready to throw anyone under the bus. but i'm also unwilling to believe hype.

Very sensible attitude...I think I like it!

I will make a prediction regarding the 2009 Renegades competitive placement: We will NOT be the 8th place corps.

Beyond that, I am unwilling to speculate. Best of luck to all of our drum corps brothers and sisters out there who are working their butts off just as we are to put a quality product on the field. We are all part of the BIGGER family........isn't it nice to be part of something bigger than yourself?

Well, Rich

I always wanted to be myself . . . but with a bigger part!

Seems to me, Reading will be the winner for at least the first half of the season. Their structure, work ethic, almost guarantees that right now. They'll be capable right from the start.

I have a feeling Hurricanes, Empire, and MN Brass will again be strong. I also think this will be a Kilties' "top ten" year. IF, the corps are a bit smaller, maybe 10% smaller, due to our economy, NO ONE will really notice. DCA still provides lots of bang for your bucks.

:lol:

Like I've said before (and others), some corps will be bigger than they have been (MBI wasn't pushing those numbers last year, MCL, or Alliance), and others will be smaller. It is possible that this will be the year where things are moved around a bit in terms of placement. Less than a month away from the first show!!!

I will make a prediction regarding the 2009 Renegades competitive placement: We will NOT be the 8th place corps.

Beyond that, I am unwilling to speculate. Best of luck to all of our drum corps brothers and sisters out there who are working their butts off just as we are to put a quality product on the field. We are all part of the BIGGER family........isn't it nice to be part of something bigger than yourself?

The curse of 8th passed on from Grenadiers to Renegades. Sorry dudes!

:lol: Wasn't aiming at your comments at all. There have been a number of comments on DCP, lately, which (more than) implied that some perennial corps' are hurting, and it might mean a "changing of the guard", so to speak. I was expressing my belief that they'll be just fine, and very competitive, even with smaller numbers... And not so easy to topple, even in a year like this one. IMHO, of course :lol:

So what specific corps are we talking about? I haven't heard much about the sizes of the eastern corps this year.

But I agree with you: I've seen amazing performances from 30+ member hornlines, a dozen guard and a battery+pit in the teens. Performances that could easily win a show. So I don't think that size is a factor. As long as a particular corps maintains it's commitment to quality instruction and design, I think it's perfectly reasonable that a "smallish" corps could be the best of the bunch.

Like I've said before (and others), some corps will be bigger than they have been (MBI wasn't pushing those numbers last year, MCL, or Alliance), and others will be smaller. It is possible that this will be the year where things are moved around a bit in terms of placement. Less than a month away from the first show!!!

Again, I'm not sure there is a direct correlation between size and quality. While MBI may be pushing the size limit this year, it doesn't mean that a sharp, clean and nimble smaller corps couldn't take the prize. (Of course, I'd pee my pants if MBI did win though! :lol: )

Edited by Ron H

So what specific corps are we talking about? I haven't heard much about the sizes of the eastern corps this year.

But I agree with you: I've seen amazing performances from 30+ member hornlines, a dozen guard and a battery+pit in the teens. Performances that could easily win a show. So I don't think that size is a factor. As long as a particular corps maintains it's commitment to quality instruction and design, I think it's perfectly reasonable that a "smallish" corps could be the best of the bunch.

Again, I'm not sure there is a direct correlation between size and quality. While MBI may be pushing the size limit this year, it doesn't mean that a sharp, clean and nimble smaller corps couldn't take the prize. (Of course, I'd pee my pants if MBI did win though! :lol: )

How very true. It has been too many times that I have heard a larger, yet very dirty and bad sounding corps get bigger scores. I am glad that times are a changing.

Good luck everyone. I am excited for 2009. I hope everyone is doing well!