Open Class Predictions

That person's predicition is as valid as anyone else's that cares to post. Why should their words be a joke, but yet another posters not?

Its a PREDICTION.......it means jack, nadda, zilch, nano nano, its FREAKIN FUN....calling someone out on theirs as a "joke" is what takes the fun away and why many don't even bother........

With that being said.........

PHANTOM VANGUARD WILL KICK BLOUSE BUTT!!!!

Sorry to be misunderstood. I was referring to the comment about it being the beginning of the end for them. I was asking if that was a joke. I don't think that particular part of the prediction carries as much weight... do you? What I should have written was, "Was that a joke about the beginning of the end for them? I also do not see them falling out of Finals."

Edited by BOSMarcher

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be misunderstood. I was referring to the comment about it being the beginning of the end for them. I was asking if that was a joke. I don't think that particular part of the prediction carries as much weight... do you? What I should have written was, "Was that a joke about the beginning of the end for them? I also do not see them falling out of Finals."

mea culpa - I didn't read the last line..............

What the heck is THAT a joke?? :thumbdown:

For the record, I don't care what order anyone puts a corps in. For all I care, someone can put Shenandoah Sound as 1st in Open Class and I would not care... same as people putting the Yankee Rebels in the hunt.

OK, this ones for you.........my 2009 top 10.

1. Yankee Rebels

2. Les Metropolitains

3. Chicago Vanguard

4. Lehigh Valley Chieftains

5. tie Alleghany Night Storm and Westshormen

7. Renegades :)

8. La Clique Allouette

9. Phantom Regiment

10. Free Sound of Long Island

Take this prediction to the bank!!!!

Wow people. I just do not know.

I am not biased in any way towards MBI... but they deserved every bit of that second place that they earned. The battery was awesome and in my opinion the hornline should have won brass. I think that was the result of where they were slotted in prelims. All-in-all I think the judges got 1st and 2nd and 3rd right last year. My opinion, of course.

i agree w/BOS on the top 3

Well, it would not be a prediction thread without a little bit of controversy and inflation for the corps you are rooting for, or have seen the most. With that being said, I am not sure if having the Crusaders out of Finals (or even the Corpsvets) is so off the wall. They are essentially doing the same show as last year (same style and genre)...

As for corps staying in one place SO long and it being "time" for them to move up. I usually see that as a weakness and that they are about to move down. I feel like when a corps stays in a placement for a long period of time, they need to try something new, or they will be caught.

I'm not really sure who you are, but have you even heard the CV show this year? I'm guessing not because it's nothing like last year's show. The only thing about the two programs which resemble each other is the fact they are southern-music based. Last year was very programmatic and this year is a lot more jazz-based. It is going to be like comparing apples to oranges, except these will be the best golden delicious apples ever tasted on a marching field!

Even if I wasn't a marching member of CV I'd say they have a great shot this year at moving up. The corps has new horns, great music, great drill, and another year of cohesion with a staff who is driven to succeed. I personally think CV will move up a spot or two. Either way, the fans who view us from the stands will be the ultimate winner.

I'm not really sure who you are, but have you even heard the CV show this year? I'm guessing not because it's nothing like last year's show. The only thing about the two programs which resemble each other is the fact they are southern-music based. Last year was very programmatic and this year is a lot more jazz-based. It is going to be like comparing apples to oranges, except these will be the best golden delicious apples ever tasted on a marching field!

Even if I wasn't a marching member of CV I'd say they have a great shot this year at moving up. The corps has new horns, great music, great drill, and another year of cohesion with a staff who is driven to succeed. I personally think CV will move up a spot or two. Either way, the fans who view us from the stands will be the ultimate winner.

Once again being misunderstood. Interestingly enough, I did assume I would get a comment from a CV person (so I guess that is my fault for stating my post the way I did). No, I have not heard your show yet... and the comment was not even directed at CV in particular. You must not have read the post I was referring to. You guys were 9th last year. I included you in that bunch with Cru because you had been in that position for four years (not the Cru has). I was defending the people that may not have included the Crusaders in their Top 10.

For the record, I do not think that CV's show is like last year's. I do, however, think it will be very similar in style to the years before (southern jazz). That's fine, if that is what the staff wants to do... I'm not telling anyone how to design. I would like to see something different come out of CV this year (I felt like the show announcement was a step backwards), and based off of what I know (which is your rep), it doesn't appear that anything is changing (including the staff, so that means the design will be similar)... therefore, I include CV in my personal corps that could backslide a little.

Once again, I would like to see all of the southern corps in Finals, but that was my honest opinion. Sorry if you don't like it. I do wish you guys and all of the DCA South corps good luck this summer. I will be cheering ALL of you on!

It's just that easy! :thumbs-up:

Too much panty bunchin' in here! Predictions are fun, bold, and not serious at all. No offense should be taken at all, just have fun with them.

Either way, we all know 2009 is going to kick ### as much as every year, but there are a few corps to keep an eye on. We know Minnesota is hungry after a 2nd place finish last year. Empire is looking to take top honours again. Buccaneers are big and blue, ready to take the 5th straight title. You also have Hurricanes now in the mix, who could do some damage.

Embrace it folks!