Who Could Break Into Finals This Year?

Who Has it in 2009?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What Corps That Was Not In Finals Last Year Has The Best Shot At Making Finals This Year?

• Academy
    • Cascades
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Pioneer
    • Spirit
    • Troopers
    • None - Top 12 Will Be The Same As 2008

So, of the participating corps this year that did not make Finals last year, who do you think has the best shot of breaking in this year? Since the poll doesn't allow you to pick more than one, you have to choose the corps that you think has the best shot.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have no empirical data (i.e. shows and scores) to go on, and I have much more detailed information about one particular corps show and staff focus (I wonder which one that would be! :rolleyes: ), I feel the need to vote for the home team. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.

I bet this poll would fluctuate greatly over the next 2 months, which is why quarters and semis are so much more exciting to me than finals night. It really is a much more flexible game in the lower tiers!

Tough call really, but I went with Spirit. It is going to be tough for any of them as it is just as tough, if not more tough, to pick a corps that was in the Top 12 last year that would fall out to make room for someone else.

The obvious choice for contenders in this pack are Crossmen, Spirit and Colts, but I think Pacific Crest might also join them for a close fight.

Crossmen. But they need to fill those holes they've been advertising. Show concept seems pretty cool.

I want to say Colts, well...I did. But honestly, Colts, Crossmen, AND Spirit all have about an equal chance of getting into that 12th spot, let alone further. These corps are amazing and full of talent. They are all pushing to be a finalist this year and I'm better this summer will be amazing. With the corps in the 10-15 range all putting out fantastic shows....yeah, talk about some competition. I'm excited!

I voted Colts.

I agree that Spirit, Colts, or Crossmen have the potential.\

I know I'm in the minority but I haven't enjoyed Crossmen's arrangements the last couple of years.

It's going to be Crossmen folks and don't be shocked when Jersey Surf puts the fear of God into a few corps too.

INT will stay top 12, I hope.

I have a good feeling they will.