Who Could Break Into Finals This Year?

Who Has it in 2009?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What Corps That Was Not In Finals Last Year Has The Best Shot At Making Finals This Year?

• Academy
    • Cascades
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Pioneer
    • Spirit
    • Troopers
    • None - Top 12 Will Be The Same As 2008

Spirit was still looking for 1 trumpet and 2 tubas as of Sunday, I beileve.

The rest of the holes were where people were late finishing up school and getting to all-days, and hadn't yet caught up in the drill, or hadn't yet arrived at all-days due to late school schedules.

It's all good. :thumbdown:

I they start tour with any holes, I doubt it will take long to fill them. The consensus among the members I've talked to is that the show is incredibly FUN to perform, and I already know it's going to be a very enjoyable one for the spectators.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going off the few videos I've seen of colts online, I'd say they're doing some insane things which they've never done before and by finals will be well on their way to maybe 11th or 10th. Rumor has it they have their entire show on the field already

Going off the few videos I've seen of colts online, I'd say they're doing some insane things which they've never done before and by finals will be well on their way to maybe 11th or 10th. Rumor has it they have their entire show on the field already

Well, rumors may be slightly exagerated but their show is good, they are way ahead of the game and the Colts have a solid shot at a finals spot if the horn line can pull off the show. It really comes down to that. Their drum line is perhaps the best they have ever had or one of the best at least. They are marching between 38-40 guard.

Well, rumors may be slightly exagerated but their show is good, they are way ahead of the game and the Colts have a solid shot at a finals spot if the horn line can pull off the show. It really comes down to that. Their drum line is perhaps the best they have ever had or one of the best at least. They are marching between 38-40 guard.

The head drum major announced on his twitter not too long ago, that they had finished the show drill. That was three or four days ago. It sounds like they have their game together this year and I think a lot of people will be surprised by them. Seems like this year will be a better "polished" show compared to last years show. Another 07? Don't know about that....

The head drum major announced on his twitter not too long ago, that they had finished the show drill. That was three or four days ago. It sounds like they have their game together this year and I think a lot of people will be surprised by them. Seems like this year will be a better "polished" show compared to last years show. Another 07? Don't know about that....

That is true with exception of the closer for the guard, as of Thursday. I saw them at UWP and my impression is they still have a solid shot at finals, the show is much more aggressive and intense this year. I believe that a number of the "bubble corps" are improved as well so it's going to be very interesting and fun to see. To me it's still about what that horn line can do with the show. They were putting out much more quality sound and volume at the Premier which was good to here.

Edited by bmroth1

duplicate post

Edited by bmroth1

I also think Spirit could be moving back into the top 12. And my opinion has little to do with return talent as many corps do, because truth be told, this is perhaps the youngest overall corps Spirit has fielded since 2001. My opinion is based on the fact of the new design team/instructional staff and how quickly the corps is adapting to new regime. This design team has in the past helped lead the resurgence of Madison Scouts, helped the Glassmen in previous years, and brings all of their expertise to Spirit. And we are not talking about just Scott or Mark, but an entire organizational and instructional team intact that has a proven reputation for building a competitive corps.

What I saw from Spirit in two days was something I have not seen out of this corps in many years. Structure, organization, efficiency and a staff and drum corps that was on the same page at every moment. Those of us that have been around drum corps long enough know that a successful drum corps has much more to do with organization than talent in the long run. This corps is together and has been from day one in November. There is a maturity and depth to the corps that is already apparent and if they are this young and already this good, I think it could be a very good summer for them. Usually, Spirit has started well and faded down the stretch in recent years, but with this staff, I think they will only push and that could very well put them in a nice finals spot come the first week of August!

Good luck to all!

I'm so thrilled to see some Spirit love on here. I think we were the favorite bottom corps to hate on last year. A cool show will make friends of foes, I suppose. :-D

Whoever the bold poster was that predicted 10th (or scaring the bottom three), you've got some Spirit spirit, don't you! I'd love to see it, that's for sure!

I didn't vote because I haven't seen or heard anyone but Spirit yet. I know that I am pretty shocked with what I've seen there. I am so pleased and proud to see a corps that, as a previous poster has said, has a game plan and are well organized and know what they want to accomplish in a day. The members are stoked. They enjoy what they are doing and are getting into it. The run through I saw last week was readable and exciting. Leaps and bounds ahead of where we've been this time most any other year. I wasn't able to stick around long enough to make any comment about the rate of their improvement or pacing of rehearsal day-to-day. I was only there a day and a half.

That ballad almost made me cry. Their brass sound in no manner resembles any Spirit I ever heard live or was a part of. Its a huge step in the right direction. I can't wait to see what it becomes. It could be huge come August.

Now we wait and see what they do with it. Awesome in June is junk in July and nothing in August. I hope this keeps on and picks up steam. I'll be rootin' for my boys (and girls) in baby blue! They've got something cool this time around!

KSA Spirit!