one year member

howdy everyone,

I actually joined last year to keep up with scores/news during the summer. My wife and I both marched in a corps

style military band in northeast Ohio some years ago (dates are not important!). Anyone heard of the Warren Jr.

Military Band out of Warren, Ohio? Both of us have been and still are big fans of drum and bugle corps. It's been

fun to view all the polls, discussions, pictures, and especially the humor. Keep up the good work!

howdy everyone,

I actually joined last year to keep up with scores/news during the summer. My wife and I both marched in a corps

style military band in northeast Ohio some years ago (dates are not important!). Anyone heard of the Warren Jr.

Military Band out of Warren, Ohio? Both of us have been and still are big fans of drum and bugle corps. It's been

fun to view all the polls, discussions, pictures, and especially the humor. Keep up the good work!

Welcome!

Sad to say, but I have never heard of the Warren Jr. Military Band. Were/Are they any good?

Welcome!

Sad to say, but I have never heard of the Warren Jr. Military Band. Were/Are they any good?

They were quite good. Twenty national vfw championships up until 1960 and several championships at various

band competitions in the 70's and 80's. Sadly, from 100 to 120 members in their heyday, they are now down to

about 10! Perhaps they will rise again, but it sure was fun back in the gool ol days! Oh, by the way, without dropping

any names, one guy I marched with is now a corp director, another guy marched with the Reading Buccaneers, so there was some talent that arose from our little corner of the world.

They were quite good. Twenty national vfw championships up until 1960 and several championships at various

band competitions in the 70's and 80's. Sadly, from 100 to 120 members in their heyday, they are now down to

about 10! Perhaps they will rise again, but it sure was fun back in the gool ol days! Oh, by the way, without dropping

any names, one guy I marched with is now a corp director, another guy marched with the Reading Buccaneers, so there was some talent that arose from our little corner of the world.

Oh, really? That's cool. Are they an actual band (with woodwinds), or do they just use brass? I tried looking them up on Wikipedia earlier and didn't get anything. But that is a BIG drop in membership, espcially for a group who has won so many championships. I hope they recover soon, though.

Oh, really? That's cool. Are they an actual band (with woodwinds), or do they just use brass? I tried looking them up on Wikipedia earlier and didn't get anything. But that is a BIG drop in membership, espcially for a group who has won so many championships. I hope they recover soon, though.

Ditto. :tongue:

Thanks for your interest. I thought Wikipedia had everything! Anyway, if you want, the website is http://wjmb.org

Thanks for your interest. I thought Wikipedia had everything! Anyway, if you want, the website is http://wjmb.org

Apparently, Wikipedia, doesn't have information on everything. That's a complete surpirse! :cool::doh:

But, sad to say, I can't go to the website right now because I'm at work and the site is blocked (just like most of the good websites, like games, etc. are blocked :tongue: , except for DCP of course :cool: ), but I will took a look when I get home, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
howdy everyone,

Hmm. OK so who is this? I was in the Warren Band from 1971-1979, then instructed 1979-1996. Two of those years I marched with Fred Morris, and rwo of those years I taught with him. WJMB was where Fred got his start. I remember he loved the Troopers even back in the early 70's

---tom

Edited by TomVV