An email I got from YEA

Who dosen't like to hear the dirty laundry ? :cool: And I believe it's George thats haunted ! :tongue:

Ummmm...... my reaction is .....If you're having trouble keeping the position filled, perhaps you need to look in the mirror for the possible cause. Marie, perhaps it could be you??????

BTW my wife's a CPA and this is well within her competencies. In today's electronic age there's also no real need to be physically located "on site." Trust me, she does it. So, George, drop me a line.

I received this e-mail a while back and was quite shocked.

I honestly didn't post it on DCP because I figured if the e-mail was legit, someone else would. If it was bogus, YEA would clear things up.

Just recognize the slip up. They happen. I think a simple apology goes a long way.

Be as skeptical as you want. It's a matter of public record. I have the original, too, and I talked to a former Cadets member about it after being so surprised when I saw it.

I really think it was just an editing mistake. It happens. Arguing or being "skeptical" about it in public doesn't do anything except generate more discussion about it, though.

I too have seen the email and the thing that bums me out is that when T emailed about it, there was no response.

a mistake is a mistake, and if that's the case, a simple "oops, that was inappropriate" will suffice. I think the reason for posting it is simply just - what's up with a well respected organization A- doing something like this and B- if they know it went to the wrong people not stepping up and saying "oops, our bad?"

Has anyone checked the balance on the YEA bank-account? Something sounds a little fishy...bookeeper making a hasty exit to a foriegn country? :tongue:

Tristan I find it odd you would throw this on DCP (without giving your own opinion along with it). :tongue:

Just a little red meat for the haters right?

I have several reasons for not giving my own opinion here. First and foremost, I have already communicated my opinion to Marie O'Rourke and George Hopkins, and I did so as soon as I received the email. Had I received a reply---of any sort---in the nearly three weeks since, I would have let this go. The lack of a reply indicates to me a general indifference toward this matter, which troubles me greatly, especially since YEA has now opened itself up to liability in a slander lawsuit, and this activity cannot afford to have its corps in legal trouble.

Secondly, I did not give my personal opinion, as I am a staff member on this board, and I do not wish to even give the appearance of speaking on behalf of DCP on this matter. I have privately discussed this with a few individuals on this board, and after much thought, I decided that the lack of response (or even acknowledgment) from YEA warranted this posting. As such, my OP was nothing more than a statement of fact in an effort to elicit discussion and to hopefully bring the matter to YEA's attention in a more visible manner.

I do not apologize for posting this, as YEA felt it appropriate to send to its mailing list. I only hope that YEA notices this and addresses it quickly and appropriately.

Has anyone checked the balance on the YEA bank-account? Something sounds a little fishy...bookeeper making a hasty exit to a foriegn country? :tongue:

Unfortunately, there are two sides to every story, and if this were actually the case, we'd know about it already. I am very curious to hear the other side of the story.

"We have had some bad luck with this position! We have had a few

different people here and from the high potential to the phenomenal

start but no one seems to stick! We believe the room is haunted so, we

are going to have a vigil one evening to rid the bookkeepers office of

evil spirits!"

Move Hoppy to the book keeper's office, rename book keeper position "Assistant CFO" and advertise in the local community for a book keeper that likes music, not a musician that likes book keeping.

Done.