An email I got from YEA

I didn't see a cover sheet with that TPS report either....might want to check that memo again. :tongue:

Cover sheet was the wrong color....

Seriously, hearing both sides before judging is the smartest thing I've read here. And not responding to the inquiries by people who have donated to the corps (assuming that's why they received the original msg) is nothing short of shooting themselves in the other foot.

And first time I read what's in the OP, thought the first and last name of the former employee was listed. Just listing the first name is stupid enough but YEA could have run into legal problems if the full name was given.

YEA! has needed a publicist for years, most e-mails and stories on their websites are personal rants.

Ain't that the truth! Sometimes there is such a thing as too much transparency. And the infamous revolving door at YEA among many of their paid positions doesn't seem to be a coincidence (or a haunted room) to me. This kind of thing has been an issue for a long time with that organization. Unfortunate, really.

OOOOOOO. Another bad decision by Hoppy... to post why the individual left . In Canada a posting like that could possibly have a few legal ramifications.

since YEA has now opened itself up to liability in a slander lawsuit, and this activity cannot afford to have its corps in legal trouble.

fyi, this is neither libel or slander.

unprofessional? yeah.

poor taste? definitely.

unlawful? nope.

I didn't say the case would win, but the corps doesn't really need to even have a suit filed against them. Bad for publicity, bad for finances, bad for everybody.

I hope it wasn't some sort of family emergency that she had to go home for. I know I almost got fired from a job after my step-brothers were in a serious car wreck and I couldn't handle the stress while trying to work during the local college's homecoming weekend.

I didn't say the case would win, but the corps doesn't really need to even have a suit filed against them. Bad for publicity, bad for finances, bad for everybody.

i thought for a while about responding. i certainly don't mean to get into a legal fight with anybody, and it is off topic.

you've already convicted yea! in the court of public opinion by using the term "lawsuit," when in fact such a suit would never even be filed. ethical rules prohibit lawyers from signing frivolous complaints -- which this most certainly would be. there is exactly a 0% chance of that ever happening.

it is disingenuous to say "well, they cooooooooould find themselves on the wrong end of a complaint," when that is a legal impossibility since literally NO lawyer -- at least none that i know/work with -- would touch that case with a ten foot pole.

the "lawsuit" bit is a great way to draw the implication among the public that someone has done something wrong, and you've used it marvelously, despite the facts/law.

----------

back on topic:

YES, unprofessional.

YES, poor taste.

YES, need someone good to proof their stuff.

absolutely.

Just a question, if you think its bad for publicity, finances and everybody (I assume you mean the 150 Cadets in Johnstown), why did you bring it out into a public forum such as this especially a week before the tour starts.

I am not defending what was in the email but just curious.

Did you contact YEA! to question it or not or did you just sit on it and wait until now? Did you publish the posting in "Band Planet "or whatever it is called or just here? I ask that because of YEA!'s support of bands.

Edited by Canuck DCGroupie