An email I got from YEA

The original point was to see if anyone else thought the way he did about the e-mail and see if his reaction was justified.

The new point, IMO, is to get more people to ask for an apology or explanation. One is clearly due. This was not a private thing. Mass e-mails are not private. This shows the words to the only people it matter to, the dci community. Instead of half a dozen e-mail to YEA going "WTF mate" you might now get a couple dozen. Seems to make complete sense to me.

So the new point is to make sure as many people get offended by this as possible including people who aren't even on the mailing list that received it and really have no reason to be personally offended by something that has absolutely nothing to do with them and wasn't addressed to them in the first place.

Got it

Ok. So I knew of this first hand because the employee who left is a good friend of mine. She found out that her mother was very sick and that she needed to go home (across the atlantic) to be with her. From what I have heard of the story she was not granted the one to two weeks of time she would probably need to fly home and be with her mom so she had to quit. Obvioulsy there may be more to the situation but this is what I know first hand.

• Like 1

Ok. So I knew of this first hand because the employee who left is a good friend of mine. She found out that her mother was very sick and that she needed to go home (across the atlantic) to be with her. From what I have heard of the story she was not granted the one to two weeks of time she would probably need to fly home and be with her mom so she had to quit. Obvioulsy there may be more to the situation but this is what I know first hand.

if true...

So she didn’t just leave because of the ‘of the logic of a 25 year old’?

it makes the email even nastier

Odd that Cadets claim to ‘Love’ her, must be that tough love…odd that they are confounded and ‘displeased’ by the ‘logic of a 25 years old’ when the corps is filled with ‘kids’ under 22.

I got the email too but didn’t pay much mind but thank you OP for showing me the underbelly of how Cadets really feel about their ‘kids’ despite the public face they put on (parents are you reading ???)…now I know why all the ex-Cadets/ Cadets borg want to keep everything in house….it’s not your fault kids

Disclaimer: As always with most of my posts, this first bit of this is personal opinion and not anything regarding any "official" DCP policy.

Drum corps is much, much more than what we see on the field. Between the threads about "Best 3rd Trumpet of 1977" and "Who Has The Cutest DM Butt", every once in a while . . .we look at something different here that isn't necessarily positive about our activity. That's all this is. :cool:

hmm. Marcia Hanson or Kristi Spears. man...those were some cute Dm butts :tongue:

Sometimes I just shake my head.

I go home last night and open up DCP this morning and I see this new thread already on page 8.

There are so many great threads out there that people could be contributing to and yet we dwell on the Cadets once again with one week to go before the season starts. Myself I'm pumped for some drum corps so let's focus on the positive! :tongue:

Your own opinion, thats okay.

My questions still weren't answered, Just immature comments like yours.

aww gee shucks and i was trying for sophomoric and just got immature.

I think Tristan had a right to post it, regardless of what my views are. Sometimes, drum corps cant always be about sunshine and care bears

wow.

Sometimes I just shake my head.

I go home last night and open up DCP this morning and I see this new thread already on page 8.

There are so many great threads out there that people could be contributing to and yet we dwell on the Cadets once again with one week to go before the season starts. Myself I'm pumped for some drum corps so let's focus on the positive! :tongue:

my guess is if the email had been sent by any other corps, it still would have gotten out

Tristan knew this was RED MEAT. Mission Accomplished! :tongue:

How many more pages before the close?

Tristan knew this was RED MEAT. Mission Accomplished! :tongue:

How many more pages before the close?

Over the years and thousands of posts I've read on here there are some posters I can tell if they are trying to cause trouble, definitely concerned about the activity and members, follow the 11/12th Commandments of "Don't say anything bad, even if it is true" and "Attack anyone who doesn't follow this"

I'd say Tristen is in the second group....

Guess which one I'd put you in.....

Oh, care to give any guesses why emails were not answered.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari