An email I got from YEA

I'm just kinda knocked back by the concept that a drum corps offers a full time position with competetive salary and benefits package.....

I'm just wondering how many pages this would have been if it had been any other corps...

If it was about another corps it would have been closed by now.

I'm just wondering how many pages this would have been if it had been any other corps...

. . .about the same, I'll wager.

Then again, most corps aren't part of a larger umbrella organization that includes running a marching band circuit.

if true...

So she didn’t just leave because of the ‘of the logic of a 25 year old’?

it makes the email even nastier

Odd that Cadets claim to ‘Love’ her, must be that tough love…odd that they are confounded and ‘displeased’ by the ‘logic of a 25 years old’ when the corps is filled with ‘kids’ under 22.

I got the email too but didn’t pay much mind but thank you OP for showing me the underbelly of how Cadets really feel about their ‘kids’ despite the public face they put on (parents are you reading ???)…now I know why all the ex-Cadets/ Cadets borg want to keep everything in house….it’s not your fault kids

That's not fair at all. So Cadets feel this way about kids because of one mistake like this? This is the reason why I think this type of email should not have been generated by the organization, nor should it have not been posted on this site. People like you will always find something horrible to say about the organization no matter what, as you and many others have made so abundantly clear, so it really makes no difference whether or not this email was circulated. You have already formed your opinion about Cadets and anyone who has ever marched or been apart of the organization Am I correct?

Edited by 2000Cadet

If it was about another corps it would have been closed by now.

Threads are usually closed because they are reported to the moderation team, or that they violate the Community Guidelines (personal attacks, off topic information about political/religious topics, etc).

As of yet, no one has reported the thread for violation of the Community Guidelines or Terms of Service.

Tristan knew this was RED MEAT. Mission Accomplished! :tongue:

How many more pages before the close?

30-40?

Further to the larger issue at hand (IMO), DCP, or "sites like this" are what content that the members choose to make of it (i.e., the users are the content here on the forum) . . .nothing more, nothing less.

we type...therefore we are.

That's not fair at all. So Cadets feel this way about kids because of one mistake like this? This is the reason why I think this type of email should not have been generated by the organization, nor should it have not been posted on this site. People like you will always find something horrible to say about the organization no matter what, so it really makes no difference whether or not this email was circulated. You have already formed your opinion about Cadets and anyone who has ever marched or been apart of the organization Am I correct?

No - you are not correct. My opinion of Hopkins isn't that great, because of what he continues to push. I don't like his direction or sense of creativity, and when it shows up on the field, I don't enjoy Cadet shows.

I've been a long standing SCV fan since '74. But I don't like what I'm hearing about SCV's use of synths this year. I do like what I've heard about the Cadets. So unless I'm missing some news on Cadet's show design this year, I'd say I'd be a bigger Cadet fan than an SCV fan if I was in the stands at all in '09.

It's not always about Cadets. It's about design, it's about Hopkins (unfortunately) and in this case it's about treating people decently. No need to feel like you're being targeted "just because"

I think this tread would still be active no matter what corps was involved. What is surprising to me is the number of people who are NOT surprised by this.

I think the tread needs to stay open until there is some sort of response from YEA acknowledging their goof and appologizing. Then let it go.