An email I got from YEA

Just cause 1 person makes a mistake, doesnt mean that it should be reposted for everyone else to see.

And it is not the same Email I got.

Why not, specifically?

Also, as I mentioned earlier, the consequences may be felt more directly by the job solicitor. If you are looking for the best and brightest that fits your organizations budget, you don't want to turn off any potential employees by how you treat or talk about ex-employees, or about how you solicit for the job in general.

I doubt it. There are too many people out there looking for jobs today. They'll find someone, perhaps even better qualified, to fill the position. At least for a year or two.

But to the original point, I'm generally not a YEA/Cadets defender (I've hated their shows over the past few years) and, were I writing the job posting, I probably wouldn't have referenced the predecessor. Still, I'm not offended by the post and I'm not sure it would dissuade many from applying for the position.

I doubt it. There are too many people out there looking for jobs today. They'll find someone, perhaps even better qualified, to fill the position. At least for a year or two.

But to the original point, I'm generally not a YEA/Cadets defender (I've hated their shows over the past few years) and, were I writing the job posting, I probably wouldn't have referenced the predecessor. Still, I'm not offended by the post and I'm not sure it would dissuade many from applying for the position.

Actually, if George can be believed (and on this im assuming yes), theyve already had dozens of people applying, so I dont think that is a problem. People need jobs, and the 'compensation' didnt seem all that bad. Its not a job I would ever take, for a variety of reasons, but obviously enough other people will...

As was clearly noted, my comments were generalities about job solicitation by ANY organization. To say that, "well the job market sucks, so we don't have to be as careful in how we present the job posting 'cause folks will fall all over each other to apply" ... (Paraphrasing you and adding hyperbole, of course :thumbup:) ... doesn't really change my overall point and shouldn't be used as an excuse by any organization for poor (or lacking) business practices. As I noted, it is my understanding that they have filled the position and I wish all parties the best of luck -- I'm not "offended" by the solicitation; my posts are about this kind of business practice in general and providing some friendly advice about what can be learned from what was done well and not so well, that's all.

... And, once again, I'll add that the part that really jumped out to me was the "perfect job for a 24-year old" part, or however that was worded. That's a big no-no regardless of the job market and I'm glad that part is not on the version on the YEA website. :smile:

Edited by Liam

Its too bad someone had to make this MORE public than it already was

b/c the answer is not always simply a sweep under the rug.

if that recently posted edited version had indeed been posted, with all names/organizations etc removed, i think the writing style alone would have been enough for lots of people to make confident assumptions about where it came from. i'm a sometimes-reader of the hopblog and could pinpoint his writing style pretty well.

plus if you read his rules proposals :thumbup: