An email I got from YEA

It probably would mean a little more to me if this were coming from someone else. I didn't need the third-person reference.

Anyways, I gave YEA a call, so I don't feel the need to continue with this topic. This email will probably be forgotten once the season starts.

Enjoy.

well that explains why Hoppy was on here reading this just a few minutes ago...

I really don't understand the fuss over this. We've probably all sent around kind of snotty inter-office memos that needed editing if they were to be for public consumption. It sounds like that's what happened here. YEA made a mistake here. There's nothing very scandalous about it. It's not a big deal.

That's not fair at all. So Cadets feel this way about kids because of one mistake like this? This is the reason why I think this type of email should not have been generated by the organization, nor should it have not been posted on this site. People like you will always find something horrible to say about the organization no matter what, as you and many others have made so abundantly clear, so it really makes no difference whether or not this email was circulated. You have already formed your opinion about Cadets and anyone who has ever marched or been apart of the organization Am I correct?

no, you are wrong

the OP says that was also on the website and she did try to address it driectly with the Cadets but did no get a response so they brought it up here. It

you may see the email as one mistake but I see several mistakes

This, ‘you’re all just haters’ is a bit boring and really adds nothing to the debate. In fact, I see it as a deflection and thusly, an avoidance of responsibility. That act further fosters a negative image (IMO) that some may also see as indicative of the character of, and taught by the organization more so when such actions are seen repeatedly by those associated with that organization.

As some are thinking this is just about Cadets hate and others corps wouldn’t get this grief, I’m thinking, how many and which people would be asking to shut this thread down if it were another corps ?

All of it is part of the culture

no, you are wrong

the OP says that was also on the website and she did try to address it driectly with the Cadets but did no get a response so they brought it up here. It

you may see the email as one mistake but I see several mistakes

This, 'you're all just haters' is a bit boring and really adds nothing to the debate. In fact, I see it as a deflection and thusly, an avoidance of responsibility. That act further fosters a negative image (IMO) that some may also see as indicative of the character of, and taught by the organization more so when such actions are seen repeatedly by those associated with that organization.

As some are thinking this is just about Cadets hate and others corps wouldn't get this grief, I'm thinking, how many and which people would be asking to shut this thread down if it were another corps ?

All of it is part of the culture

actually i believe a sanitized version went on the website

1.) The specific context of that comment was, he who is not guilty of that sin. If you're going to quote the Bible, please do so in its proper context.

You are confusing this with a different passage. Probably some of the passages in Romans.

Or if you aren't confusing it then you have a different interpretation of John 8:7 than I've ever heard.

Such drama. I can't believe (ok, I can believe) how many thin-skinned individuals are on here. Any hint of a discouraging word about Cadets, and the five alarm fire drill starts.

The email was way out of line. Don't even try to defend it. It's pretty clear to me that the reason they can't seem to keep this position filled lies within the organization. Duh. Physician, heal thyself.

Number Two

Such drama. I can't believe (ok, I can believe) how many thin-skinned individuals are on here. Any hint of a discouraging word about Cadets, and the five alarm fire drill starts.

The email was way out of line. Don't even try to defend it. It's pretty clear to me that the reason they can't seem to keep this position filled lies within the organization. Duh. Physician, heal thyself.

Number Two

Can you point out the people who are defending the email?

I just got an email from Terrance I McGee. Here it is:

Harken! In that the YEA is making some mistaking. In that (good afternoon) the spirit is with all on DCP.

:cool:

In that the new season must start soon! The day is coming and the little mistake by YEA needs :tongue:.

Rimshot Terrance