An email I got from YEA

Pretty sure this thread is going to continue a never-ending chain of people taking actions about this issue and then there being consequences for those actions.

Hey I'm taking vacation in a few hours (10 days without Internet access :tongue: )....

Is that an action, a consequence or taking cover.... :tongue:

Well when I get back the action will be to get ready for the 4th of July parades. If I ain't ready there will be consequences.... :tongue:

Hey I'm taking vacation in a few hours (10 days without Internet access :tongue: )....

Is that an action, a consequence or taking cover.... :tongue:

Well when I get back the action will be to get ready for the 4th of July parades. If I ain't ready there will be consequences.... :tongue:

I'd say taking cover...

Well, I can't speak for Tristan. But perhaps he might say something like:

"We do not control the reactions of others. We control our response to the actions! BUT .. we may also wish to be aware that there is a response to the actions we take."

Wise words indeed!

With all sincerity, best of luck with the new staff and the new season.

Huh? If YEA doesn't answer my email by my deadline, all is fair? Just because I feel outraged (my term, not Tristan's) I can do as I please - to hell with the consequences?

I think we should set the standard a bit higher. Our response to any situation - legitimate or otherwise - is a personal matter. Personal upset alone isn't justification for any action we subsequently take.

That said, neither can I endorse the choice by Hopkins to discuss specifics of the situation further. Can't see where it will help anyone involved. That said, it's consistent. The Cadets and Hopkins truly don't toe the line. And while I agree there should be consequences for poor choices, I would hope we might avoid the consequences for a poor choice to engage on someone else's alleged poor choice.

HH

Huh? If YEA doesn't answer my email by my deadline, all is fair? Just because I feel outraged (my term, not Tristan's) I can do as I please - to hell with the consequences?

Hah. I said hell. First time, I got away with it here, I think.

HH

Eh, I'd rather not be part of the proof, lol.

Lesson well learned:

When we say YES, when we say NO --- these decisions frame our world!

:tongue:

In the world we live today, it is, and perhaps should not be enough, to depart a public institution with no notice ... at all ... before a crucial season, and have the action met with " Mary Lou Departed the company today due to unspoken circumstances" Perhaps there should be a consequence for an action? If a school teacher quits and walks out of the classroom, or a corps director leaves today, or a politician suddenly resigns, there is a reaction ... no?

Is that an attempt at a justification for running her down in the email, would that be the consequence for her action?

public institution does have a specific meaning.

I realize you did not use it as a Proper Noun but am still confused by your usage. If this is a public institution, why the huff over the scrutiny of a public message from that public institution?

We do not control the reactions of others. We control our response to the actions! BUT .. we may also wish to be aware that there is a response to the actions we take.
By the way Tristan, what value did u see in posting this? If the action was inappropriate, why would you wish to further shed attention to the past bookkeeper?

Would it not be best, a month after the fact, to allow the situation to stay inactive? Or ... would there be another reason I am unaware of?

I am a bit curious?

Have the best summer!!!!

I’m not really buying that bit as I’d assume that once someone has accepted they don’t control the reaction of others’ that the motives for those reactions would be inconsequential too. It seems more like a thinly disguised ‘attack the messenger’ with spurious and dubious intent as oppsoed to satisfying curiosity. Otherwise, I'd expect something more Zen and a little less creepy

oh, almost forgot

Stay golden pony boy….this is your summer to shine

I didn't know I was responding to your post. Or are you like the person I was responding to, in which case, if you are, then I accept the some of the answer you gave me. Do you agree with what 'cowtown' said about how YEA feels about the "kids" is a fair statement?

Perhaps I misinterpreted what you said, but I read it as a general "you" i.e. those of us that might think this was a pretty lousy thing to do.