An email I got from YEA

That's weird. I received an email similar to that but it did not say why they needed a new bookeeper. It only said they were in need of one. I am curious as to why or how this could happen. That is pretty tacky especially coming from an organization like YEA. I am a little skeptical though as to how genuine this email actually is since the OP felt the need to post it onto DCP.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Could be a prank, or an accidently. I had a boss who accidentally emailed the entire department about a co-worker who had to leave early one day because she had a gynecologist appointment.

If she hadn't have said "there is no accounting for the logic and action of a 25 year old", I would have guessed that it was written by a another 25 year old.

The funny thing is after trashing the previous jobholder with that little gem, the job description itself still solicits flighty twenty-somethings:

"It's perfect for the 24 year old who wants to work hard and move up!."

:tongue:

Oh, and isn't it illegal (or just a really bad idea) to mention a specific age for the ideal candidate?

Man thought GH rambled rambled in person....

My first thought is what happened in one of our offices years ago. One guy didn't come back after his vacation was over and his boss was smoke and fire about it. Boss was starting discipline action against the guy....gonna get his ###.... etc, etc. Finally someone who lived nearby said they would stop in and see what the story. Friggin' boss made THAT guy take vacation time to drive over to check.

Turned out the reason why the guy didn't come back to work was because he had been murdered.... Moral: Get all the facts before blowing off like a Maroon...

Good thing for Hop the job market is bad, ####ed if I'd want to work for any organization that sends out an email like this. Makes YEA, GH, the person whose name this went out under look like a bunch of ########. And using guilt by association doesn't help DCIs image either, especially since DCIs image is "for the youth". :tongue:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Tristan I find it odd you would throw this on DCP (without giving your own opinion along with it). :tongue:

Just a little red meat for the haters right?

Edited by boxingfred

That's hardly the case.

If by "haters", you mean prospective job applicants who will know to steer clear of someone who can't be bothered to separate professional and personal issues, then perhaps.

I think George Hopkins has been beneficial in a lot of ways to the activity . . .but this kind of stuff ventures off into another realm. The best run organizations have leaders who check their personal foibles at the door. Perhaps the employee in question had a death in the family. Perhaps she had an issue with finances. Things happen.

I had someone leave my company just a few weeks ago because they weren't able to hack it as an system administrator. Should I put in my new job description that my former employee was incapable of performing the position due to their own ignorance?

If organizations can't be bothered to present themselves professionally, then perhaps this sort of "job posting" should be put on display as an example for others to see.

No matter if it's YEA!, BD, Little Timmy's Toy Company, or Susie's Lemonade Stand.

That's hardly the case.

If by "haters", you mean prospective job applicants who will know to steer clear of someone who can't be bothered to separate professional and personal issues, then perhaps.

I think George Hopkins has been beneficial in a lot of ways to the activity . . .but this kind of stuff ventures off into another realm. The best run organizations have leaders who check their personal foibles at the door. Perhaps the employee in question had a death in the family. Perhaps she had an issue with finances. Things happen.

I had someone leave my company just a few weeks ago because they weren't able to hack it as an system administrator. Should I put in my new job description that my former employee was incapable of performing the position due to their own ignorance?

If organizations can't be bothered to present themselves professionally, then perhaps this sort of "job posting" should be put on display as an example for others to see.

No matter if it's YEA!, BD, Little Timmy's Toy Company, or Susie's Lemonade Stand.

Oh by the way...I love the sig. I am immortalized now in DCP infamy! Excellent. You and I need to have a few beers sometime. I laughed very hard for the first time in a week. Thanks!

I am truly honored. And you should be as well. The Kabal of Eight title was a stroke of genius.

I know that the company I work for will not give out references to someone's character or employment history, other than the date they were hired and the date they left.