An email I got from YEA

Just a question, if you think its bad for publicity, finances and everybody (I assume you mean the 150 Cadets in Johnstown), why did you bring it out into a public forum such as this especially a week before the tour starts.

I am not defending what was in the email but just curious.

Did you contact YEA! to question it or not or did you just sit on it and wait until now? Did you publish the posting in "Band Planet "or whatever it is called or just here?

i think if you read, he does mention he emailed YEA and got no reply

i think if you read, he does mention he emailed YEA and got no reply

So he decided to just throw it out here even though he didn't think it would be good for publicity. Has he heard of a telephone? Come on now.

Edited by Canuck DCGroupie

he did it out of concern if you actually read his posts.

"throw" not "through"

Fixed sorry!

Concern for what?

I'm just saying that if he was concerned about the bad publicity etc, he shouldn't have published it here. No concern shown IMO.

Lets talk Drum Corps Now!!

So he decided to just throw it out here even though he didn't think it would be good for publicity. Has he heard of a telephone? Come on now.

Actually, his remark about "bad publicity" was in regards to a 'what-if' lawsuit scenario--not DCP discussion.

Ummmm...... my reaction is .....If you're having trouble keeping the position filled, perhaps you need to look in the mirror for the possible cause. Marie, perhaps it could be you??????

BTW my wife's a CPA and this is well within her competencies. In today's electronic age there's also no real need to be physically located "on site." Trust me, she does it. So, George, drop me a line.

this...and i hope he does

i'm currently treasurer for n-f-p

been doin it off & on 20 years as a volunteer

hey :) it's nhl finals, ya

I like hockey!

Be as skeptical as you want. It's a matter of public record. I have the original, too, and I talked to a former Cadets member about it after being so surprised when I saw it.

I really think it was just an editing mistake. It happens. Arguing or being "skeptical" about it in public doesn't do anything except generate more discussion about it, though.

True, but isn't the OP doing the same thing that the person who sent the email did? Making it public record? What purpose did it serve to send this email to people outside the organization? And what purpose did it serve to post this email on a site like this?

Just a question, if you think its bad for publicity, finances and everybody (I assume you mean the 150 Cadets in Johnstown), why did you bring it out into a public forum such as this especially a week before the tour starts.

I am not defending what was in the email but just curious.

Did you contact YEA! to question it or not or did you just sit on it and wait until now? Did you publish the posting in "Band Planet "or whatever it is called or just here? I ask that because of YEA!'s support of bands.

To answer your question with an even greater degree of specificity, he posted his reasons in this post in the thread.