Musical Cop-Out

Still looking for that myself. The only compelling point they make is "if you don't like it, leave".

And my response....careful what you wish for.

Yes, we are sure all of the staffs are quaking in their boots that folks on DCP may not come support their show... News flash, we don't really matter in the drum corps world, except when you pay for the show. Unless you go to 15 or 20 this summer, you don't really factor in that much anyways.

Sorry, man. Neither do I. It's ok, we can still have fun and pass the time on here. :tongue:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the idea that, since the music is Kansas, that string instruments are totally allowed... in my mind the interesting part about ensembles like drum corps or marching band or even A Capella groups or brass quintets or piano players, etc., is the ability to use different instruments to perform the song... if I wanted to hear a rock band play Kansas songs... well, I'd go listen to Kansas. However if I wanted to see a brass and percussion take on it I'd watch drum corps... like wise if I wanted to see a piano take or a vocal take... you get my drift.

No, they don't get it. That's the scary thing.

Yes, we are sure all of the staffs are quaking in their boots that folks on DCP may not come support their show... News flash, we don't really matter in the drum corps world, except when you pay for the show. Unless you go to 15 or 20 this summer, you don't really factor in that much anyways.

Sorry, man. Neither do I. It's ok, we can still have fun and pass the time on here. :tongue:

One or two of us staying away, not buying souvies - not a big deal. If this thing can gather some momentum - it will be a big deal.

Help me out here Granny (or anyone). What do you mean by you don't like the bass player and the bass player stringy thing he's playing? :tongue: I'm confused!

Edited by Lancerlady

Help me out here Granny (or anyone). What do you mean by you don't like the bass player and the bass player stringy thing he's playing? :tongue: I'm confused!

yes she is, they have a bass guitar (standard) and an eletric stand up bass (some times called a stick) in the pit. there's a picture somewhere in this thread.

46 PAGES OF STRINGS...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I have a better question. How is the visual progeam this year. Hopefully better. Guard? I know last year they had some KIDS teching that thought they were teachers because they marched in a WGI world guard BLAH BLAH

ATTENTION Everyone Who Supports Electronics:

This question is for you. Is there anything at all that DCI could implement that would trouble you as much as some of us are troubled by electronics? And, why? This is a serious question.

Woodwinds maybe?

I find this entire thread very ironic. Wasn't too long ago when Spirit had the "Drum corps unplugged" shirts with the "No amplification needed" on them. And those seemed to sell pretty well since I used to see a lot of people wearing them. Not to mention how we (JSU) used to have a lot of fun with a college marching band south of us for using an electric bass.

I find this entire thread very ironic. Wasn't too long ago when Spirit had the "Drum corps unplugged" shirts with the "No amplification needed" on them. And those seemed to sell pretty well since I used to see a lot of people wearing them. Not to mention how we (JSU) used to have a lot of fun with a college marching band south of us for using an electric bass.

Ironic indeed. I don't think I ever saw that shirt. Do you have a photo of it?

Ironic indeed. I don't think I ever saw that shirt. Do you have a photo of it?

Don't have a photo but I'm sure someone does. It was a great shirt. And it may have been just a hornline shirt but I'm not sure. Saw a lot of people wearing them a couple years ago.