Would you really leave the activity

Would you leave the activity if woodwinds were added?  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Would you leave the activity if woodwinds were added?

• Yes, drum corps as I loved it would no longer exist
    • No, I love this activity way too much to leave it

well i think g bugles sound like crap, so we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Wow, different length of lead pipe makes that much difference huh?

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, they had an unused channel on the board.

Picturing two future items in DCW.

On the front page: Former DCI trumpet becomes member of famous symphony.

<Few months later>

Hidden in the middle: Former DCI member leaves symphony because they don't use amps.

Wow, whatever happened to learning to control your volume in related to the other members of the group? Great way to "teach".....

Yes, I would leave

I was shocked at how little I enjoyed Spirit. I didn't even want to be in the stands for that show, I had no appetite for it. If that’s where DCI's headed, just do it now, give me a clean easy break

Too many DCP posters going back to "their day" which is totally irrelevant. What DCI put out on the field pre-1985 is radically different than the change WW's would add to corps today.

And that's just it.....

The activity has "Radically" changed in a very short period of time. Changes that have altered the awesome look and sound that made drum corps stand out from anything else. For many of us longtime fans who fell in love with the uniqueness of drum corps, it absolutely hurts to see the powers at be change the face of the activity forever.

And I would say that at any DCI show, 85% of the audience could care less about the instrumentation.

I think you are mistaken. A lot of fans will definitely leave if WW's are allowed. Many fans will leave after this season because of the new synths......

Personally....I plan to take at least next season off as a DCI fan. There are many ways to use vacation days and spend vacation dollars. And with each radical change......more fans will re-evaluate whether they are still interested in spending time and money on DCI...

Edited by Triple Forte

why does it have to be unique?

you didn't. i just figured that since you want to go back, you'd rather have them.

you said these children were joining "drum corps imposters." if "imposters" isn't pejorative for something, therefore implicating that the thing being imposed is superior, you've used the wrong words.

and why is the addition of woodwinds unnatural?

Because it's Drum and Bugle Corps?(read drum and brass)

why does it have to be unique?

Honestly, I think that the question is upside down. Why can't it remain unique?

even on percocet, i watched a video of a BOA band thats supposed to be cutting edge and i had pains