"The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T."

byline

Has anyone else seen "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T."? It's a 1953 film with amazing set design (very Salvador Dalí), with numerous creative contributions by none other than Dr. Seuss. Anyway, there's a remarkable choreographed dream sequence near the beginning that features a very guard-like move with multi-coloured wind socks.

Started a thread in another forum and got a few wisearse replies! :sad: Here's the

. You briefly see the wind socks partway through.

Remember, this is 1953. . . .

TV Ontario showed this movie last weekend, and before Rick and I watched it, we had no idea it even existed.

This movie is great! As good as Dr. Suess's book is, the movie is much better. There is an amazing amount of visual material that goud be adapted from this film.

I love the piano. Talk a bout a backdrop....

IN WONDERAMA!!! :sad:

thanks for posting this byline,this is quite brilliant and i remember seeing it a long time ago and being entralled.

it's relevence and influence on our activity is fascinating and undeniable,i urge you to also consider the impact of the great hollywood director busby berkeley.

btw,i love the supersaturated use of "technicolor".......so much better looking than real life.

Edited by dugg