I'm curious.

One of the arguments I've heard regarding synths is that since we are an art form, there's no reason to keep things out of drum corps if they want to use them.

So what about allowing nudity?

Technically people pay money to see performances and DCI is their own private organization, so I'm not sure it would be against the law.

Obviously there would people against it, and people who wouldn't mind it. Only the corps that wanted to use it would use it, maybe 1 or 2 a season.

Also, we would need a rule to only allow 18+ aged members, or possibly create a system where parents give permission for their minor to be involved in drum corps. All this would be worth it in the end, allowing corps to express themselves to the fullest. It may alienate younger fans, but DCI has alienated people in the past so I don't see anything wrong with it.

If it is technically against the law since most of the competitions are outdoors, lets assume that it is allowed as a design similar to how nude sculptures are commonly allowed in public viewing. (perhaps on a flag or something?)

(this isn't necessarily an argument for/against ww's, electronics, etc. I'm really just curious what people would think, especially those so willing to allow new things in DCI. NO I DON'T ACTUALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate similar to Russell's Teapot...or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.)

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

:tongue:

Haha, you'd have to card people to get into the show.

:tongue:

Since DCI corps have minors in them I doubt you'd get away with it. DCA corps also have a mix of legal adults and minors.

Sorry, your grand plan to save drum corps has failed. ;)

But there might be room for a BLAST! version of "Oh, Calcutta!"

I vote for a rule change allowing this to be run on a trial basis, among colorguard members, among a few select corps. I nominate SCV and PR to be the test-corps.

You'd also either have to have all performers be 18, or limit all nudity to members over 18.

Well...hmmm...

I don't think we're at that point...YET.

But would it really project to the box? Or would it solely be directed at the on field judges?

I think if it were aimed at the later, corps would just use it as a distraction, which I don't think would work.

So, I think synths and the amps are enough of a distraction for now. But who knows, Hoppy is quite the imaginative fellow.