Off topic...

I'm going tent camping with my 2007 seat partner instead of getting a hotel for World Championships this year. I was going to various websites comparing prices for primitive camping space and found a particularly cheap place. I was all set to email my seat partner and tell him I had found a place when I read the "mission statement" and realized that it is, in fact, a nudist camp and all campers must be fully nude at all times except in severe weather.

We had a good laugh over it, but needless to say we found a different Indianapolis-area place to camp for the week... we're just not THAT good of friends. :worthy:

OK, back on topic...

The coffee barely stayed in my mouth for that one. Thank you!

If you went, you might get a "most dedicated fan" article written about you by Boo. Boo? Boo?

Oh man, that would be awesome! Really, that might almost be worth it. However, my seat partner and I already agreed to pay an extra few bucks a night elsewhere for the luxury of keeping our clothes on. :tongue:

One of the other search results, oddly enough, was for a Dyslexia Institute. I don't even know how that got in there, but he said that he didn't want to stay there either... but "if we found a dyslexic nudist camp, we'd basically have to stay there." I told him I'd prepare my mosquito ten. :worthy:

EDIT: This is my favorite thread I've ever seen on here!

Edited by Supersonic

I'm suprised that no-one's made the point about attendances? Would they go up or down? Would those under 18's that are not allowed admittance because of the content then want to see a dci show more? would fan network subscriptions increase?

I am still waiting to hear from Mr. Boo on this topic. I would think he could give some profound insight to the discussion.

DCP has become a vast wasteland ... Well, it's actually been one for years, but this post should remove any remaining doubts.

DCP has become a vast wasteland ... Well, it's actually been one for years, but this post should remove any remaining doubts.

if it sucks so bad, why do you bother to post here?

It's a good way to end drum corps. Would you really think that school districts would allow the use of their stadiums to this? Colleges even? Would parents allow their 16 and 17 year old children to participate in drum corps? Need I go on?

It's a good way to end drum corps. Would you really think that school districts would allow the use of their stadiums to this? Colleges even? Would parents allow their 16 and 17 year old children to participate in drum corps? Need I go on?

Of course not. But...then again...that's not the point of the OP.

I'm suprised that no-one's made the point about attendances? Would they go up or down? Would those under 18's that are not allowed admittance because of the content then want to see a dci show more? would fan network subscriptions increase?

oh, i bet something would go up! :tongue:

this would be an interesting concept if Regiment ever decided to revisit Samson and Delilah. it'd give an authentic touch to Bacchanale!