That's unfortunate. You have probably heard her voice.

Karen Carpenter

Yes. Now that I've read that, I have heard of The Carpenters, as well as their music on the radio. But I never knew anything about them, including their (the members) names.

We may lose the 17 and younger crowd, but we may gain an audience with the naturist.

P.S. No Fat Chicks : )

I think there is a serious flaw in this....

Quite a few shows are performed at high schools...pretty sure that would not fly with the school/board. Also you could control who attends shows, but corps practice at schools and public parks, how would that be monitored. That being said it would be harder to find show and practice facilities that would allow such an idea.

Nudity on the drum corps field was tried several times back in 1974, the most noteworthy being right in the middle of the Argonne Rebels field show at a contest in Kansas. A streaker ran out in front of the corps right in the middle of their performance Bernstein's "Mass".

I think there is a serious flaw in this....

Quite a few shows are performed at high schools...pretty sure that would not fly with the school/board. Also you could control who attends shows, but corps practice at schools and public parks, how would that be monitored. That being said it would be harder to find show and practice facilities that would allow such an idea.

corps don't normally practice in uniform so why would you assume they would practice out of it?

corps don't normally practice in uniform so why would you assume they would practice out of it?

because someone posted before about practicing in the nude (no tan lines...). Ok, so practicing at schools and parks should not be a problem if the performer(s) were covered, but shows would no longer be able to be held at schools.

I think that should be up to the corps as they see fit for their show

This is about adding tools for creativity not sitting limits, stifling their artistic integrity

Some of the color guard are just about nude anyway – spandex is not very concealing or forgiving

so would the audience be able to join in the nudity?

however spandex should not be a right, it should be a privilege

I really don't know how you could incorporate this into a show :tongue:

easy and for the cadets a chance to take a recent idea and expand on it:

"On the field, presenting their ( insert year) production 'Behind The Green Door".....

:worthy:

Hmm, just getting some images of early season accidents involving the color guard. Could get pretty ugly, best to leave the nudity for 3 AM in a cramped bus seat between (insert city/state here) and (insert city/state here).

Not that that happens... :tongue:

Edited by BozzlyB

dude.. i'm 24 and she died 2 years before I was born. hardly a good 'age check' at all.

A) You're making an assumption that my "age check" would have allowed 24 year-olds in. Perhaps I feel that the age-limit should be higher for the New(d) DCI to ensure that a proper level of maturity has been reached.

B) Elvis died even earlier before you were born and I assume you've heard of him. ... Perhaps my test was designed not to determine your contemporaries, but rather to determine if you've lived long enough to seek out a certain level of cultural knowledge.

C) Perhaps it was just a joke. But even then, the inability to not take everything so seriously might be a disqualifying feature to those who wish to gain entry into the New(d) DCI as well.