really? who knew?

Interesting question -- I might have thought not the guy who responded to the supposed hyperbole with directed, serious reasoning as if that would refute the point. Guess I would have been wrong .... :tongue:

Edited by Liam

To the OP...thanks for having the wit to post this and for the laughs I know you were shooting for. :tongue:

To those that didn't get it...there are prescription medications available or "CNN"!

Edited for lack of sense of humor.

Edited by silvertrombone

Who cares??? A huge component of the drum corps fan base consists of people younger than 18.

I am one of these fans and I don't think it is a bad idea but I'm not sure I would want to go in the nude. :P Well I hope it waits until I'm 18 at least.

I've never actually seen Cirque de Soleil, but I'm pretty sure there has been nudity in some of their shows.

I have seen most of the Cirqu shows and, as far as I know, there has never been any "intentional" nudity in any of them with the exception of "Zumanity" which, I hear is absolute trash. Some of the diving in "O" may have resulted in some "unintentional" nudity, but I doubt it...

Edited by KeyboardGuy

I have seen most of the Cirqu shows and, as far as I know, there has never been any "intentional" nudity in any of them with the exception of "Zumanity" which, I hear is absolute trash. Some of the diving in "O" may have resulted in some "unintentional" nudity, but I doubt it...

Zumanity is excellent. Way different than the other Cirque shows, but still amazing.

this has been one of the most fun threads this season

Zumanity is excellent. Way different than the other Cirque shows, but still amazing.

I heard Zumanity was excellent from someone in our office that went and I watch Cirque specials on TV.

I'm an old bird but saw Hair on stage way back. I thought Oh Calcutta went from stage to film?

I read somewhere that Cirque is celebrating 25 years. Très bien! ::thumbs up::

oh and :-)

I'm going to ask a question here that I sense will #### some folks off, but it occurs to me pretty much every day I read DCP.

Is it important to become so fixated on what constitutes drum corps?

Isn't it ultimately a question of taste as to whether folks decide to stick around or not?

As I've mentioned numerous times, my younger brother, who lived and breathed drum corps, is convinced that nothing since 1973 when he left St. Rita's Brassmen, has been "real" drum corps. I've run into scores of people with the same opinion, but differing years as the lines of demarcatiion.

To me, since the end of WWII, it's always been a form of marching band - it's a band, by definition, and it marches, voila.

For me, personally, the line would be woodwinds, as that activity already exists, but all that would happen is that I'd stop calling it drum and bugle corps. I'd probably still dig it.

Electronics are going to lose us some folks. Mic'ed vocals already has.

I picture a little corps, like what we used to call Div. III, putting out a group with a rhythm section and a smallish horn section, amped vocals, and a good sized guard, and all of a sudden you have a rock concert that moves. You add props and stages the way the Americanos did during the '90s and tell me what the difference is?

Is it drum corps? Who knows?

The fixation with definition reminds me of people who defined themselves as feminists on the basis of being called Ms. instead of Miss or Mrs. i mean, I 'll call you anything you wish to be called - I don't think that makes you a feminist, or a marching band or an encyclopedia. In the long run, society judges you by your actions, not your words.

For me the question is, does it work? Are people coming to the shows? Are kids participating and enjoying the activity? Can the groups afford to exist in the format they're involved in?

if so, call it whatever you want and keep doing it? You'll lose some folks, just as we've been losing them since about 1954.

But if it works, why not? I believe that in general I would enjoy it clothed, but I'm 57 - if I were 20? Who knows?

OK, I just figured out that this won't actually #### anyone off, because no one will read it.

C'est le guerre, i guess...

• Like 1