P.S. If those stiffs that pass the rules will pass this one, I will pledge to never complain about electronics or vocals or really anything for that matter.

GO SCOUTS!

Great post! :tongue: However, considering the subject matter, you may want to rethink one of your words in the P.S. line. :worthy:

Great post! :tongue: However, considering the subject matter, you may want to rethink one of your words in the P.S. line. :worthy:

Oh dear. I'm blushing.

2 words:

Family show.

Wow.....DCP has sunk to a new low. Well, at least one of its posters.

EDIT: nevermind (it's so hard to take myself seriously here). I'm sorry you don't care about the corps artistic views as much as I do.

I know the idea is ridiculous and very easy to find humor in, but it's all for the sake of argument (or in this case just trying to make an interesting point). So far only a few people have played along, but I'd like some more people to chime in because while this is incredibly far fetched it has the same attributes as some of the other recent new rules and the reasons for adding those new rules (DCI is "Art" so we should allow them to use anything they want).

Someone said this is similar to the idea that "if gays can get married, what's stopping people from marrying dogs?". Similar yes, but I still find my idea more acceptable. Technically it's not illegal to just be gay, though it is illegal to practice bestiality. That law probably will not be changed. DCI has the power to change the age-range law or make check-in stations for minors and their parents, so I am proposing that they do that in order to make nudity legal.

People have also had a hard time coming up with ways nudity could be used in a purely artistic way. What about the Yaweh Creation Story? The supposed Adam and Eve were blind, but they were also nude and became aware of themselves after eating the apple. Actually Boston Crusaders could have used it in their show this year.

Is it funny? Yeah.

Does this make a point? Somewhat.

Do I actually want this to happen? NO.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

If we can have 8 pages and about 100 posts of discussion on bringing " Nudity " to DCI......

We just might need some INT.

two things must be mandatory if we go this route:

manscaping is mandatory

and a high grooming award is essential

One thing is certain.....this would put the "kibosh" on BD jumping over their chairs, or at least the guys!! :tongue:

If this were to pass, I think one thing that would/should be considered is limits to set...

What I mean is, this would probably be applied to the color guard; would it be the entire color guard, or just some certain members. Would it be for the entire show/performance, or for only part of it. Would it be complete nudity, or only partly.

I think it’s kind of a myth about fans in the stand being under 18. It’d be easy to enough to control, you need a credit card to buy tickets in advance and you could check IDs at the door for gate sales. I also don’t think DCI shows are necessarily family shows due to the music and sometimes the execution. We have a corps doing Medea again this year. Musically, I don’t think this is ‘family’ because it’s not the sort of music most families (ie under 18) are into for their listening enjoyment. And then there is the subject matter story behind the score. I also recall a poster here that had a problem with Bluecoats 2007 and the strip section. I respect that they don’t want their kids to see with it even though I don’t agree in that instance. So, DCI is not really Family Entertainment already

Nudity doesn’t have to be sexual, in many cultures its not. Nudity in drum corps could help promote a positive body image for all types. In these days of eating disordesr and such, it seems DCI is passing up a real opportunity to educate. Just think Karen Carpenter might still be with us today to share her beautiful voice had DCI gone nude.

I think it’s kind of a myth about fans in the stand being under 18. It’d be easy to enough to control, you need a credit card to buy tickets in advance and you could check IDs at the door for gate sales. I also don’t think DCI shows are necessarily family shows due to the music and sometimes the execution. We have a corps doing Medea again this year. Musically, I don’t think this is ‘family’ because it’s not the sort of music most families (ie under 18) are into for their listening enjoyment. And then there is the subject matter story behind the score. I also recall a poster here that had a problem with Bluecoats 2007 and the strip section. I respect that they don’t want their kids to see with it even though I don’t agree in that instance. So, DCI is not really Family Entertainment already

Nudity doesn’t have to be sexual, in many cultures its not. Nudity in drum corps could help promote a positive body image for all types. In these days of eating disordesr and such, it seems DCI is passing up a real opportunity to educate. Just think Karen Carpenter might still be with us today to share her beautiful voice had DCI gone nude.

Sorry... who?? :tongue: