In your opinion...

What was the best Open Class/Division 2&3 show ever? And not just from one aspect, but from an overall standpoint (show concept (if you want to include it), performance (emotion/performing from the entire corps), percussion, horns, color guard, drill/movement/GE)...

:thumbup:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best I've seen was Academy '06...that was a great year for Div II/III all around.

Any answer other than Magic of Orlando '02 is wrong...flat out wrong (and shows you haven't followed the division(s) long)...

...now the best corps that deserved to be in Open/DivII/III/A/A-60, that's open to debate.

Any answer other than Magic of Orlando '02 is wrong...flat out wrong (and shows you haven't followed the division(s) long)...

...now the best corps that deserved to be in Open/DivII/III/A/A-60, that's open to debate.

Perfect from a members perspective or perfect as a fan?

from the score

ECJ/Spartans 05 Academy 06 Spartans 07 vanguard 89 star 93 to name a few.

Actually, I enjoyed Capital Regiment in 2002 much more than I did Magic. Magic may have been cleaner, but I haven't seen a corps fight like that to try and overcome the odds since, although not seeing one does not mean I wasn't part of one from 2004-2006.

Capital Regiments show in 2002 was more entertaining and was still executed at a VERY high level. From 2001-2003 I thought the second place corps should have won. Cascades, Capital Regiment, and Patriots were all amazing corps who put out a great product.

The best open class show I've ever seen, was 2001 Cascades. I haven't felt intensity/power/conviction like that in Div II/III/Open Class, period. They brought down the house that night.

Again, I just said Academy 06 was the best I've seen. My personal favorite is Oregon Crusaders 06 though, what a great show that was.

The Spartans 07 is definitely my favorite and i think most deserving for two reasons. One, i was in it :tongue:. Two, the color guard was absolutely incredible!!!! With a 19.9 at finals I believe they are the highest scoring color guard in div 2/3 history.

The Spartans 07 is definitely my favorite and i think most deserving for two reasons. One, i was in it :tongue:. Two, the color guard was absolutely incredible!!!! With a 19.9 at finals I believe they are the highest scoring color guard in div 2/3 history.

The guard was quite deserving of that score! It's like they were clones or something. Impeccable performance. Will that carry over into Citations? Their guard was strong last year.

But for the best div 2/3 show ever, the award must go to Magic 02, as reflected in the score and overall outlook of the show. WOW!