In your opinion...

What was the best World Class/Division 1 show ever? And not just from one aspect, but from an overall standpoint (show concept (if you want to include it), performance (emotion/performing from the entire corps), percussion, horns, color guard, drill/movement/GE)...

:smile:

Mine is 2008 Phantom Regiment :devil::thumbup::smile:

:smile:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is going to be a bunch of people just saying their favorite show instead of one they think is "the best ever"

Personally I think Cadets 93 is the best show ever, but then I might be doing the same thing I just said everyone else is going to do :thumbup:

If you want to factor in the human interest piece, 2008 Phantom is right up there. 1982 and 1994 Blue Devils were pretty dominant, too, and while I wasn't around to watch those shows live, seems like the audience really ate them up.

I think, on paper, 2002 Cavaliers is maybe the best show ever designed (in my opinion), but there doesn't seem to be that raw emotional connection to push it over the top.

Edited by Keith Laubhan

For me, the standard by which all shows are judged is the 1986 Blue Devils. It's the best live performance I have ever seen, in any medium. So far, nothing has come close.

Honorable mention and mad props to the 1984 Blue Devils, because IMO their performance of La Fiesta is the best two minutes in drum corps history.

I'll second '86 BD but add '83 Garfield (with '08 PR right there as well)

1972 Anaheim Kingsmen. I guess you had to be there.

I was. It rocked!

I think I still have the record of that show somewhere.

Edited by Roark1

For me, the standard by which all shows are judged is the 1986 Blue Devils. It's the best live performance I have ever seen, in any medium. So far, nothing has come close.

Honorable mention and mad props to the 1984 Blue Devils, because IMO their performance of La Fiesta is the best two minutes in drum corps history.

Thanks, John!!!

08 Regiment is certainly up there....but a large factor has to be the crowd response....I mean after Will Pitts got "killed" the standing O never really stopped...probably the greatest GE moment ever....even surpassing 92 SCV busting out "Bottle Dance."

83 Garfield must be put in here...it changed the activity so much, and in ways that performers today -- who weren't even a leacherous gleam in their daddy's eyes -- might have a hard time understanding...the Z Pull, while not as spectacular move as some today, was revolutionary when it first came out.

86 BD must also be considered for the reasons John stated.

87 Garfield...my person complaints about the perfect drum score aside, it was one for the ages...and with possibly the best company front relative to the music ever.

91 Star...one of the most difficult horn books I've ever heard (mellos :thumbup: ) and the last 30 seconds were the drill of the Gods (thank you, George Zingali!).

02 Cavies....spectacular all the way around.

04 Cavies...proof that you CAN win in the modern world with recgnozable music!

07 BD...ok..a bit of bias here!!

Can't pick one....never been able to.