Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's June. everyone knows everything in June :laughing:

Uh, because it's a prediction...?

I mean, think about it...the further you get into the season the more actual evidence you have of a corps' capabilities and performance levels, making it much less of a prediction and more of a projection, so to speak...this is actually the perfect time and arguably the only time to make predictions

I cannot believe the review from toledeo show.Accoring to the review the cavaliers are destined for 4th or even 5th place. How in the world can some one make such a prediction this early based on one show?

Actually that reviewer is a college music instructor and conductor. He's also on the board of a top ranked corps. His comments on various threads and critiques are most often some of the most well thought out and accurate as anyone's here on DCP.

I cannot believe the review from toledeo show.Accoring to the review the cavaliers are destined for 4th or even 5th place. How in the world can some one make such a prediction this early based on one show?

This happens here in these forums every year. You've been around since the start of this place... surprised you haven't noticed the "trend" here of deciding who's going to win DCI and who's going to be out of DCI after just one show every year.

:laughing:

Now, just to be the normal smart ### I am, STATISTICALLY, I can assure that the odds of winning DCI goes to the Cavaliers... or Blue Devils... or Garfield Holy Name Bergen County Cadets.

So it will be one of those three I'm sure. :thumbup:

<sarcasm off... since i'm sure someone will now come in here and lecture me on how Madison just isn't a winning calibre corps or i'm just mad because my corps is getting the shaft in my mind (which I don't feel this year BTW, I think Madison is going to be GREAT this year at DCI!!), etc etc>

That's been the running June commentary on Cavaliers since 2002; why should this year be any different.... :laughing:

I didn't get from reading either of these reviews that either of these reviewers are predicting that the Cavaliers are " destined for either 4th or 5th ".

Both raised the possibility in their OPINION that the Cavs might not finish in the top 3. Both left the impression with me that their staff's record of knowing how to clean and tweak a show might come to the fore once again by Finals.

I guess some of this is reading comprehension and interpreting the remarks of the reviewer in the fashion the reviewer intended.

I definitely do not want to offend anyone. My reviews are only how I feel and I will agree that it is way too early to make a serious prediction about how a corps will finish. What I am trying to say in my review is that the Cavaliers do not seem to have a top 3 caliber show at the moment. They are good, and over the years they have been the best at making changes and adding layers to the show that have kept them in the top 3 since 1999.

So I like the corps, love their control and artistry, but their show is not winning me over. It's just one person's opinion.

I just felt that the show wasn't up to Cavalier standard. I said I could see it dropping to those positions, but didn't say that it was written in stone. It would be nice to see some movement in the top of the activity. I like Boston's show a lot, but I am not going to cry blasphemy if someone thinks they might move down a place or two. I believe I even threw in a disclaimer to the effect of "we all know the last time the Cavaliers were outside of the Top 3." I guess this is one reason I never post, because when people do, they get ragged on.

I have been a fan of the Cavaliers for most of this decade...I just didn't like this show. I was also very skeptical about the 2002 show after viewing it in Toledo, but it turned out to be my favorite that year.