Wow,some of you have the Cavaliers in 4th or 5th place?

the cavaliers are to drum corps, what James Swearingen is to Wind Band Literature.....

I can't stand James Swearingen. Just getting that out there....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor can I. I had no idea grjt was a Cavies fan.

non-believers click here ---> grjt

His opinion has been the same since... last year.

Cavies have been my second favorite corps since I first heard of drum corps. I haven't seen their show this year yet so I can't comment on where they should have placed or where they should place. I have liked almost every show from them since I have seen them. I only hope I like this year's show as well.

the cavaliers are to drum corps, what James Swearingen is to Wind Band Literature.....

That makes me curious to know what the Al Swearengen of drum corps would sound like....

deadwood_swearengen.gif

As for the topic at hand, well it's the same thing people have been saying about this corps since DCP began. What I've read from Toledo isn't different from what I've been hearing for nearly a decade now, and that's okay. Everyone has different preferences for what they want to see in a drum corps show. While it would be great if the Cavaliers were universally loved, it's not going to happen. In fact, I recognize many of the names criticizing this year's show as some that have criticized the corps before this season ever began. I'm not saying that to dismiss their opinion - they feel the way they feel and that's okay - but their opinion hasn't stopped me from enjoying most every Cavaliers show this decade, nor has it prevented the Cavaliers from achieving unprecedented competitive success. Mr. Willis is one of the voices I most respect here on DCP, and I've enjoyed his contributions over the years as much as anyone. That doesn't mean I won't sometimes disagree with what he says. I'm just thankful that I'll be seeing the boys in green this Sunday, and will get a chance to find out for myself whether I think it's an enjoyable show.

There is no WOW in their show. Its really flat. The big hits with the hornline seem like nothing compared to other corps. The show is very dry in emotion right now. The beginning is alright but it drops off and levels til the end of the show fast.

A lot of people predicted BD in 5th which is something that hasn't happened in almost 20 years.

While I doubt the Cavies will fall to 5th, guess what? It's just a prediction. There's not reason to fret over it.