TROOPERS MAKING THE FINALS!

I predicted last year after finals that in 09 SCV would win, and Troop would make finals.

If I'm right you all owe me a dollar.

Well, after tonight's scores are all in, you seem less crazy than you did after final last year.

SCV is now 2nd in rankings, and the Troopers are tied for 12th.

I know, I know, different judges, early in the season... but still - zoinks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, but Troopers beating BK in a subcaption? Being within three points at the same show?

Those are positive signs. The corps is going to have to work hard to clean that show, but they've got the program to do it.

YES BETTER,

BUT.......

They were also LAST in Visual ensemble .4 behind Mandarins.

You may be right, but why make such a statement of fact 1 week into the season? That's just wrong.

By the same logic, why make a statement to the effect that Troop will make Finals either?

They way it looks right now, eleven spots are spoken for. Troop will have to duke it out with Academy, Spirit and Madison for twelfth.

whhhhhoooooooohhhhhhhh there.

finals are not for a long time yet.

my pick is still CROSSMEN and Madison

By the same logic, why make a statement to the effect that Troop will make Finals either?

I said they won't go quietly into the night and that there is an epic battle in store for 12th. I never said that they WILL make finals. I certainly WANT them to make finals, but for someone to say they WON'T make finals 1 week into the season is just wrong. Troop has assembled a stellar staff and the average age of the Corps has gone up each of the last 3 seasons. They have as good a shot as any of the Corps from 10 to 15 of making the top 12 and it could be argued that their show is potentially better than any of those from 10 to 15.

Well, after tonight's scores are all in, you seem less crazy than you did after final last year.

SCV is now 2nd in rankings, and the Troopers are tied for 12th.

I know, I know, different judges, early in the season... but still - zoinks!

Yep! Now I just wait and hope.

Don't forget the Red Team...Colts are currently on top of all 3 of those!

Yep! The question is, will Colts peak in mid July as they are prone to do, or will they be able to keep on top of late season surges by their compettition who have harder dirtier shows at the moment?.

I've watched their show three times now on Fan Network and have to say that this is a very mature show for the Troopers. I'm a bit hesitant this early on to do a side by side with the Cadets (for fun of course) as to which WSS version I prefer. I really like the western overtones to the show and think Dean Westman did a FANTASTIC job of making this a Troopers' show while keeping it contemporary and relevant.

What I like most about the Troopers show today is that it is quite dirty which means that they have a tremendous amount of potential moving forward.

From what I can tell, their rifle line is exceptional. I am so happy they recruited a larger number of squaws for the guard!

What I wouldn't give to see their show three times in Indy.