:tongue: .....

Well here's hoping. :thumbup:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Troop's got a long way to go. <snip>

[but]...Four corps = Finals.

OK, well that's a lot easier than 18th to 12th in one year. In fact, my post suggested that moving up four spots is about the limit of what's usually seen, and jumping up more spots than that in one year has been done in DCI, but becomes increasingly difficult. I was thinking Troop was lower than 16th last year. So, yeah, even though I haven't seen any of these corps (and even if I had, I'd probably say it's too early for me to make a solid judgment about score growth potential for all the affected corps this early in the season, anyway)... 16th to 12th... in general... is hard to do, but it is doable. You'll still need help from those finishing higher in 2008, because four including at least one 2008 finalist corps have to drop down, but it is possible. Now if you want to put the Troopers in the top 6 in 2009 :thumbup:, no, I have to say, love ya Troop, but it's unlikely even if it's that good.

Here's the thing. It doesn't matter if they make finals or not. What matters is that continue to improve, and take care of business. IMO, it sounds like the Troopers are doing both of those things very well. If they continue getting better, the competitive aspect will take care of itself. I would love to see the Troopers in finals, and I'm elated to hear they're doing well. I can't wait to see them.

Possible...Blue Stars in 2007-finished in 14th.

Blue Stars in 2008-made finals & finished in 8th.

At the moment, they are only .55 points away from Madison, and there is only 1.25 points seperating 15th place from 11th.

Troopers, Madison, Spirit, Colts and Glassmen are so dang close!

At the moment, they are only .55 points away from Madison, and there is only 1.25 points seperating 15th place from 11th.

Yes very true tonights scores from Madison:

Colts 69.700 Spirit 69.600 Madison Scouts 69.500

Edited by bmroth1

Except that they're very unlikely to be scored that closely once they're competing in the same show. This happens most every summer early on when the same group of corps are on different tours. Once all five closely-clustered corps are competing head-to-head, the judges will spread them out... in most cases, anyway. The only time that doesn't happen, and this is rare, is when each of these corps is roughly 1st in one caption, 2nd in another, 3rd in another, 4th in another, and 5th in another, head-to-head. Otherwise that 1.25 point gap tends to become a 6 or 7 point gap.

Edited by Peel Paint

Way to Go Troopers !!!!

Keep it going.. !!!

It's a long season, yet, and things will/can change...

I for one, wouldnt mind seeing a "shake up" of the top 12..

Every year, it seems like when finals take place.. there really is very little

differene in corps 12-9... Then, the competetion gets tougher from that point

on.

From an old drum corps fan, I'm pulling for ya !

peace everyone !

I predicted last year after finals that in 09 SCV would win, and Troop would make finals.

If I'm right you all owe me a dollar.