Is There a New Format for DCI San Antonio ?

Hi All,

Just wondering if any knows what the format of the DCI San Antonio Show is on 7/18 ? In past years a group of corps performed in the afternoon and the 4 or 5 highest scoring corps moved on to perform that evening with the remaining set of corps. Looking at DCI's webpage.....they just say the show starts at 4:00 ?

Anyone know the details ?

I was thinking about that same thing. The way I am understanding it is that all the corps will perform in Dallas and Houston the two days leading up to San Antonio and then the top 12 corps from those two shows will actually get to perform in san antonio. I hope I a wrong though because I think its fun getting to watch all of the corps perform in one day.

hmm or it could be one giant show like quarters.. I like that idea better :thumbup:

I was thinking about that same thing. The way I am understanding it is that all the corps will perform in Dallas and Houston the two days leading up to San Antonio and then the top 12 corps from those two shows will actually get to perform in san antonio. I hope I a wrong though because I think its fun getting to watch all of the corps perform in one day.

You are wrong. The Houston and Dallas shows are for seeding but everyone performs.

From what I can remember from when I was in a corps in the Early 90's that's pretty much how every Regional worked. I thought corps getting a pass on the daytime and not going on till the night part thing over the last several years, wasn't right.