No Prelims at DCI Regionals this year?

Hello All,

I noticed that this year's shows at San Antonio and Atlanta start at 4PM this year. Does this means that DCI is no longer using prelims with the top 4 corps performing at night as well??

regards

Dom Pacheco

I wish Murfreesboro, TN didn't change either...really liked the Top 8 selection, but ahh well. It'll be a great show(s).

The previous format was a great disservice to the 9-12 place finishers, who had to sit around and perform twice in a day. They rarely performed as well in the evening.

The previous format was a great disservice to the 9-12 place finishers, who had to sit around and perform twice in a day. They rarely performed as well in the evening.

From my experience, talking with some non-finalist corps members in San Antonio between Pre-lims and Finals:

Also it was kinda de-motivating for the corps members who didn't make the night show cut. They had to perform in the morning for a fraction of the the crowd that assembles for Finals. Then, after finding out their placement, they knew they'd missed out on the excitement of being before the big pumped regional night audience. Seems that experience left some of them feeling kinda dejected or discounted.

Even if the crowd is still trickling in between 4 and 7, the psychology of it all is bound to be much improved now.

It also solves the question of which score to use for Championship seeding when you performed twice.

Interesting. Good catch, OP. It's the first I've heard of this, even though I'm sure more attentive posters knew it awhile ago. It does make some sense. The prelims may indeed have been more trouble than they were worth. But the upshot must be that corps have to set tours into the SA and Atlanta areas even though some of them won't get to perform there, yes?

Interesting. Good catch, OP. It's the first I've heard of this, even though I'm sure more attentive posters knew it awhile ago. It does make some sense. The prelims may indeed have been more trouble than they were worth. But the upshot must be that corps have to set tours into the SA and Atlanta areas even though some of them won't get to perform there, yes?

everyone still performs hence the starting time of 4:00

everyone is performing, like at quarterfinals.