July 1st Corps "Tiers"

To me, the tiers are a little bit more about "clumping," as well as where I'd expect the corps who haven't performed in a day or two to be scoring. This is much less mathmatically defined, but visually, when you look at the graphs, there are generally some clear gaps in the overal data.

Here's how I'd seperate them, given my overall "feel" of the scores:

I: Crown, Cadets, Blue Devils

II: Vanguard, Cavaliers, Phantom, Bluecoats

III: Crusaders, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Glassmen

IV: Troopers, Scouts, Spirit, Colts, Academy, Crossmen

V: Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Surf, Pioneer

I know at this point this is all in fun, but given the fact that in their only meeting Cadets and Cavies tied, and in their only meeting Crown beat Cavies by only .4 while they have now beaten Cadets by .8 and 1.3, how would you put Cadets in a higher tier than Cavies? I know you said given your overall feel - maybe that's what you are going on. I haven't seen anyone live so I tend to only go by score spreads between corps.

Edited by PR ROCKS

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at this point this is all in fun, but given the fact that in their only meeting Cadets and Cavies tied, and in their only meeting Crown beat Cavies by only .4 while they have now beaten Cadets by .8 and 1.3, how would you put Cadets in a higher tier than Cavies? I know you said given your overall feel - maybe that's what you are going on. I haven't seen anyone live so I tend to only go by score spreads between corps.

:) Thus you have MY tiers.

I agree with what you have. But I really hope nobody puts any stock into it.

Go back and look at what these tiers would've looked like last year at this time compared to the final result.

BD, SCV

Cavies, Cadets, Crown, Phantom

Blu, BAC

PC, BK, BS

Gmen, Mandarins

Spirit, Academy, Colts, Xmen

Scouts, Troop, Pio

Absolutely valid... All I'm basing it on is my interpretation of the line graphs. I'm looking at areas of relatively significant separation and the overall trajectory of each line. Overall, there are some pretty clear cables that have developed.

There are some gray areas (Boston and Glassmen's recent jumps, for example), there's already a level of volatility (especially in the middle tiers), and I make no assumptions that those tiers that I've defined will hold true in even a week's time.... I do find it to be an interesting topic, though. Nobody knows how it all shake out, but it'll be fun to watch.

BD, SCV

Cavies, Cadets, Crown, Phantom

Blu, BAC

PC, BK, BS

Gmen, Mandarins

Spirit, Academy, Colts, Xmen

Scouts, Troop, Pio

whats the different colors for?

To me, the tiers are a little bit more about "clumping," as well as where I'd expect the corps who haven't performed in a day or two to be scoring. This is much less mathmatically defined, but visually, when you look at the graphs, there are generally some clear gaps in the overal data.

Here's how I'd seperate them, given my overall "feel" of the scores:

I: Crown, Cadets, Blue Devils

II: Vanguard, Cavaliers, Phantom, Bluecoats

III: Crusaders, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Glassmen

IV: Troopers, Scouts, Spirit, Colts, Academy, Crossmen

V: Mandarins, Pacific Crest, Surf, Pioneer

I agree

If I were to divide the corps into tiers right now I'd use this:

Championship: Crown, BD, Cadets

Top 6: Cavies, SCV, Bluecoats, Phantom

Finals: Boston, Blue Knights, Blue Stars, Glassmen

Semis: Troopers, Madison, Spirit, Colts, Academy, Crossmen, PC, Mandarins